German Shepherds Forum banner

concerned!!!

889 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mego 
#1 ·
Lara has had some weird behavior starting today. This morning she pooped on the floor after we came in from a long walk, she pooped on the walk too (my boyfriend didn't let her out, I was using the restroom, it was totally his fault, she was crying at the door, so that was expected, she couldnt hold it).

Anyway, I took her for a walk a few hours later and she pooped 2 more times, wet mushy poo. I fed her her lunch and put her in the crate for a nap. After 2 hours of sleeping, she woke up from her nap and after she stretched in her crate she threw up half her lunch, I let her out of the crate and she threw up the other half immediately. I took her outside and she pooped more mush. we came back in and she denied all water. 15 min later, she had to pee again, and pooped again. As I was taking the bag of poo to the dumpster, she peed again.

So I'm worried now. She began to play and resume normal activities etc seemed fine for an hour, but suddenly stood up from being petted and just peed right there on the floor. She NEVER pees in the apartment, she always rings the bell or goes near the door, this time she literally just peed right there with no warning, I took her out while my boyfriend cleaned and she pooped AGAIN. This is literally like the 8th poop today :/

I'm going to go to the vet in the morning but right now I'm super worried. Is the peeing thing related to her diarrhea and not feeling good, or is she losing her potty training and just going through a phase where she tests me conveniently around the same time? If she pukes more tonight, we're going to the vet tonight.

I posted a thread a few days ago about her clockwork mushy afternoon stool and hard other ones, but yeah, now I'm starting to think that that was the precursor for something more seriously wrong :/

Today she ate nothing different for meals, I actually took away her treats to see if they were making her midday stool mushy.
She did consume a large amount of snow outside.

See less See more
#2 ·
Make sure that she doesn't get dehydrated and her gums stay pink. It might be something as simple as a upset stomach, UTI, etc. If she is drinking water, don't let her gulp it down. Has she ate anything recently?

#3 ·
I gave her a lot of water but made sure she didn't drink it all at once. She had a total of about 2 bowls throughout the evening after this.

Since this post I also gave her a few kibbles and she resumed playing like normal, and I gave her some rice with some pumpkin on it for dinner and she ate most of it. Pink gums still. Pooped a few more times but they weren't like liquid anymore, so I think the pumpkin helped. I think she's okay for now, just sleeping for the night.

#5 ·
Okay, so Lara slept through the night and woke up and had reallyyyy watery diarrhea so I took her to the vet to make myself feel better and just to rule out giardia or some parasite.

No parasites, yay. They think she just ate something weird since she acts like a vacuum cleaner outside and I can't always get things out of her mouth in time even though she's on a leash lol (dirt, rabbit poop, woodchips, napkins) and she somehow upset her system, so they just sent me home with some fortiflora and instructions to keep her on rice only...and fast her for the rest of the day. After fasting her (which was so hard to do, gah she was hungry I could tell) she hasn't had any more poops all day and seems very good so far. I'll keep her on the rice and give her the probiotic and hope everything is all normal soon :]

Here's her at the vet, they laughed at her because for having an upset tummy she was still her usual, bouncy social-butterfly self..she snuck out of the room when the doc left (wiggled beneath his legs) and went around the back area greeting all the other vets and assistants :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.