So Willa is a 10 week old GS. A few days after getting her, we took her into the ER for severe lethargy and no appetite, as well as no drinking. We will probably never know what it was, but she came home after a few days on an IV with antibiotics and nutrients, a healthy, happy girl.
Last night, she was screaming all night long. When I took her out again at 4 this morning, I noticed that her one ear and leg was twitching, seemingly uncontrollably. I let her walk a bit, and she was fine like putting weight on it, but she was obviously uncomfortable.
She would like run, when she would try to settle she would gnaw on the pads of her paws, front and back, and then scream, jump, and start running again. My husband and I naturally rushed her to our local emergency vet. They took xrays, suspecting panosteitis. We left with some NSAIDs for her, and that was that.
We gave her the meds, and she has calmed down. But the office called back about an hour ago say that that radiologist reviewed the films, and didn't think it was panosteitis, and told us to discontinue the NSAIDs (we were to keep going for 5 days).
So now, we have nothing. We are waiting to see if it happens again, and going to try and video it to take in to the vet.
~~ A Very Scared Mommy