German Shepherds Forum banner

URGENT NEED HELP IDENTIFYING BUMP(pictures)

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  BlueMule 
#1 ·
We just found a BAD dump on Vegas' sheath. It wasn't there a few hours ago. I groomed him earlier today and it was not there. My friend is a vet tech and we took her advice by draining and cleaning it with peroxide and neosporin. I'm very scared it could be a Brown Recluse bite. There is NO vet within two hours that will take him before morning without a $500 deposit that I really do not have. I'm going to keep an eye on it tonight but I really need some help identifying what it could be. I am so worried. If you have any idea what it is or what I could do to help til morning, please let me know. Here are pictures after I cleaned it-

Thank you so much.

See less See more
#2 ·
I understand the money issue but I'd be getting him to the vet. That doesnt look good and its very likely he's in a good amount of pain from it.

#3 ·
He only seems to be in pain when I put neosporin on it. I am trying to get him to one. :( Everyone I know, including me has just paid bills and has no extra to lend me. I am going to keep checking on him though. No sleep for a mama with a sick baby!

#9 ·
hopefully its just a herpes b complex ulcer, this means it is viral, but i am not a vet or vet tech. i totally understand the money thing, i dont think this is an immediate life threatening event and waiting till the vet opens should be fine. an elizabethan collar would be a help. in regards to the money thing, you need to start looking into pet insurance, dump sat or cable and that might cover it.

#11 ·
Ouch.. definitely needs so be seen professional. Reminds me of the Cuterebra parasite...

#12 ·
I am not a Vet tech, but I am an RN. It looks like MRSA to me. We had a lot of it in the prison where I worked and it CAN be healed with two simple Antibiotics, Bactrim Double strength (DS) and Doxcycline. Must be given 1 pill each, twice a day (per human doseages). I say this as it can show up and open and drain within only a few hours. Get the dog to the vet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.