German Shepherds Forum banner

Sudden Limp

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  NancyJ 
#1 · (Edited)
My dog is 11 months old and suddenly started limping yesterday. It started when we were sitting on the couch and I was touching his paw like I have been off and on the last couple months to get him used to me handling them so I can clip his nails. I let go of his paw and turned to watch T.V. and about a minute later he started yelping and jumped off the couch, limping. After a minute or so he was fine, but he limped off and on all day, when he sits he won't put much weight on it. I've moved the paw since then, he doesn't seem to be in any pain when I touch him, he hasn't really acted any different, still eating and drinking as normal, still very playful, ran in circles in the snow for 10 minutes this morning, but today I've noticed he still has a slight limp and favors it when he sits. Should I wait and see for a bit longer or does he need a vet?

This is a picture I took of him today, I don't notice any swelling or anything, and he seems to be standing just fine

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I suspect pano, or he pulled something, and from what I have read it will go away over time, and he does seem to be doing better today. My roommates came home from New Year's parties this morning and have all said that he doesn't seem to be in any pain from what they can see. He even jumped all over them when they walked in the door today.

#9 ·
Ok read the articles in the other thread... it fits his symptoms but when I squeeze his leg, he doesn't react at all. I didn't want to squeeze very hard but I put pressure on his leg from shoulder to paw and he just laid there. He also has no problems getting up and moving, its just a very slight limp and when he sits or stands for a period of time, he puts less weight on that leg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.