Thought I would update this thread.
Riley did not qualify for the study because he did not have another seizure within the observation period.
But, unfortunately, he had another one in mid-March. I was out of town and John says that it was mild and only lasted about 1 minute. Then, today, he had 2 seizures. The first early in the morning and the second in the afternoon.
As you may imagine, I am really upset. I was here for both and thankfully that seemed to be a comfort to him and I was able to time each event and document what was happening so that I could share that info with my vet.
The good news, if there really is any in this, is that he recovered really quickly from the seizures and was not as disoriented and frightened afterwards as he was with the first seizure in December or the one in March. Maybe that is because I did not panic, stayed by his side, spoke to him in soothing tones and pet him throughout the whole episode - all of this after I had started my stopwatch to time the event! So, I guess, I was more prepared this time.
My vet thinks we should not start medication yet and wait and see if it stays at a once every 1 to 3 month event. At this point, I agree, but I think that he will eventually need medication... I was really hoping that would not be the case.
Thanks for reading. I am thinking of starting giving him fish oil and perhaps Taurine. If you have any thoughts on this, please let me know!