In addition to my earlier post, I forgot to add that my one of my breeders was not upfront with me about my dog's Sire's history of medical problems...I learned about it from others.
That's not to bash ANY breeder but, not every one will tell you everything.
And, I'm not even going to speculate as to why.
I've personally never experienced bloat with my dogs...
But, I have witnessed it. AWFUL!
The dogs I've known that had it and do survive have ultimately succumbed to problems including organ failure, from the torsion part.
The last one, about a month ago, lost his spleen and is now renal failure, 4 years old...just relating my experience.
We are all just giving you our opinions here, And, like any other open forum thread, we all have different opinions on the pros and cons.
I still stand by my own personal opinion...Yes, I would do it.
I'm not a vet. As far as the decision to neuter and gastropexy YOUR DOG, that's got to be a decision made between you and your vet...
(If you are continuing to show your dog, you may want to consider waiting on the neuter?)