German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (
-   Health Issues (
-   -   Omg he ate chocolate ...and I have no idea how much! (

PrideofTrinitysOnyx 11-25-2012 09:23 PM

Omg he ate chocolate ...and I have no idea how much!
Onyx just brought me a square of dark chocolate out of my purse. He set it on the floor and then looked at me like "oh god, am I supposed to have this?" And I'm not really sure how much he ate. It's a big bar and there's a few squares missing....I'm hoping he just licked the one and didn't eat any! My vets office isn't picking up their emergency line so idk what to do!!

Sent from my iPhone using Free App

Sunflowers 11-25-2012 09:24 PM

179 Attachment(s)
I would give a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and hope he throws up.

Loneforce 11-25-2012 09:27 PM

It takes alot of chocolate to be a real worry. How old is your dog? How big size wise? Pet Microchip for Dogs and Cats | HomeAgain Pet ID & Recovery Service has an emergency poisen line. call them and ask what they think

qbchottu 11-25-2012 09:28 PM

Dark chocolate has higher percentages of chocolate content. I agree with Sunflowers - induce vomiting asap!

msvette2u 11-25-2012 09:29 PM

PrideofTrinitysOnyx 11-25-2012 09:33 PM

He is 5 months old and 60lbs.
I called my coworkers and they said they had 2 squares so it looks like he only had the 1 in his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Free App

PrideofTrinitysOnyx 11-25-2012 09:35 PM


Originally Posted by msvette2u (Post 2639151)

I checked this out and he would have had to ate 2 bars to get sick. I think we're in the clear. Thank you guys so much for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Free App

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome