Red bump/pimple - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Red bump/pimple

So I noticed Thor had a red bump on his belly tonight. It looked like a pimple and upon touching/barely squeezing it puss came out. Not a whole lot nor was it a huge bump. It looked similar to an ingrown hair. Not sure if anyone's dealt with this before. I didn't think to take a before picture. But here's an after.

Red bump/pimple-imageuploadedbypg-free1353752717.720823.jpg

Red bump/pimple-imageuploadedbypg-free1353752733.825429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Zack v2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ew lol. Look like an ingrown hair. Never happened to my pups so far
kelina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Wouldn't worry about a spot or so on my puppy. Just keep an eye on it to make sure it's not the start of a rash or infection starting up. Keep your pup clean and dry and should be fine.

plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?." ANONYMOUS
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Invest in some "raw organic cold pressed cocount oil" (Nutiva is a good brand)

As well Raw organic apple cider vinegar

50/50 solution of ACV/water and cleanse the area to balance the PH level of the skin and kill bacteria...add a tblsp. to the drinking water everytime you change to balance the gut PH.

rub in some coconut oil on the sore and around - this will sooth and kill and prevent invading bacteria and treat yeasts.

Next - start adding in a tsp. of coconut oil to the diet for an internal cleanse and detox of yeast and bacteria...work this dose up over a couple of weeks to 1tsp/10 lbs. of body weight - so if 60 lbs - 2 tblsps. etc. maintain that. You may notice a proliferation of the area getting worse and may find the ears starting to itch (if haven't aready) as well as black goup. This would likely indicate a detox of the intesinal tract - this is the die-off of yeast and bacteria - these give off toxins (39 in yeast alone) and would indicate the liver needs time to catch up - stop the CO for couple days and re-start at lowest dose and work up again.

Also add a probiotic so as the bad bacteria are removed the good can proliferate squeezing out room in the GI tract and preventing the bad from taking hold.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
Invest in some "raw organic cold pressed cocount oil" (Nutiva is a good brand)

As well Raw organic apple cider vinegar

50/50 solution of ACV/water and cleanse the area to balance the PH level of the skin and kill bacteria...add a tblsp. to the drinking water everytime you change to balance the gut PH.

rub in some coconut oil on the sore and around - this will sooth and kill and prevent invading bacteria and treat yeasts.

Next - start adding in a tsp. of coconut oil to the diet for an internal cleanse and detox of yeast and bacteria...work this dose up over a couple of weeks to 1tsp/10 lbs. of body weight - so if 60 lbs - 2 tblsps. etc. maintain that. You may notice a proliferation of the area getting worse and may find the ears starting to itch (if haven't aready) as well as black goup. This would likely indicate a detox of the intesinal tract - this is the die-off of yeast and bacteria - these give off toxins (39 in yeast alone) and would indicate the liver needs time to catch up - stop the CO for couple days and re-start at lowest dose and work up again.

Also add a probiotic so as the bad bacteria are removed the good can proliferate squeezing out room in the GI tract and preventing the bad from taking hold.
All that for a bump? So the bacteria in his GI caused that?

Old 11-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm not sure where you are at, but I've seen that on my dog's once or twice and it's from a fire ant bite. Normally, there might be two or three, as if the dog laid down near a mound.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
I'm not sure where you are at, but I've seen that on my dog's once or twice and it's from a fire ant bite. Normally, there might be two or three, as if the dog laid down near a mound.
I live in Washington. And we're on the brink of winter so I haven't seen too many bugs around anymore. But that's not to say he didn't lay out in our yard and something got him.

It's practically all healed right now. We've cleaned it and have been keeping him dry and it's just a small scab now.

Thanks all!

Old 11-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack v2 View Post
All that for a bump? So the bacteria in his GI caused that?

zack, gotta tell you, i work in a local er and am as ama as they come. this also translates into "listen to the vets. i have never ben a fan of walking into a natural health food store and having some high school kid "educating" me on all there miracle products. having said this i have tried a few things that gator-bytes has suggested and have found that they work. she also provided me with some "studies" when i requested them. a few were from "john hopkins". they would be pretty hard to ignore. my point is, i have learned to keep an open mind. especially with allergies and yeast infections. glad those spots are clearing up.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.