question about Parvo - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #61 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post
There was a time when distemper was the scourge of the land. Thanks to vaccines and herd immunity, it's no longer the huge threat it once was.
Rabies was a killer of domesticated dogs as well, and it's all but eradicated in pet populations.
Vaccines are not useless, not by a long shot.
That is a misnomer. As the article reads, the vaccination of distemper led to parvo virus creation as this didn't exist pre-early 70's.

What about the vaccines grown on monkey kidney's - the link to AIDS.
What about the 90% of vaccinated for whooping cough are in fact coming down with whooping cough. But the ones who weren't 1% came down with it (numbers may not be exact but along those lines)
What about the surge in autism and ADHD and other learning handicaps -from 1 in 110,000 to 1 in 10,000 now.

Where is the evidence of your research to make such matter of fact claims. Peer reviewed studies - that means outside of the pharm sales reps. and billion dollar drug manufacturing companies "studies"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

The "link to autism" was completely disproved.

Like other topics, we could sit around discussing all day. I'm not going to, because really, there is nothing to discuss.
Too much conspiracy theory for my tastes.
msvette2u is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #63 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post
The "link to autism" was completely disproved.

Like other topics, we could sit around discussing all day. I'm not going to, because really, there is nothing to discuss.
Too much conspiracy theory for my tastes.
Another misnomer.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Old 11-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

This was all fraudulent. That is no misnomer.

Report Linking Vaccine To Autism Was Fraudulent, Says British Medical Journal

Again...conspiracy theory. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

There's enough reasons for the "rise" in autism/ADHD (mislabeling and over-diagnosing springs to mind) to fill up this entire forum.

Either way, the OP is done in this thread and maybe the entire board, due to the accusations she's a poor owner because she "let" her vet vaccinate the puppy. And even if nobody meant it like that...the fact she took it like that speaks volumes It's how she felt.

There is a saying...At the end of the day people wonít remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel - Maya Angelou
Old 11-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #65 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u;2638776There is a saying...[I
At the end of the day people wonít remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel[/I] - Maya Angelou

That's a great saying ... too bad the three people that you've posted against weren't here too read it ...

This OP, the OP that bought their dog from overseas and had it shipped to them, and the thread Jag posted about Grim's reaction to her pug playing with her.

I understand that you are trying to provide information to people, but many times I've read a number of your posts and you come across as extremely rude and in-their-face.

If I wasn't already a confident dog owner, you would have scared me off a number of times. It's not surprising that so many people post a question and then we never hear from them again.

There are other ways of answering people's questions ... you can attract more bees with honey, is one example. Another ... you talk about how you don't bombard a dog that you first bring into the house (the two-week shutdown) ... and yet you don't treat new comers like that at all ... you persistently state YOUR case in threads and attempt to over ride anything that anyone says that differs from your opinions.

Perhaps if you employed the same methods you use with your rescue dogs on the people that post here asking questions, and looking for information, there might be fewer arguments on threads.

One thing I've learned about your posts ... don't disagree with you otherwise you're bound to be pestered until the person who "disagrees" with your opinion finally gives up and quits posting ... do you think you've won then because you got the last word? I doubt you've won ... you've just made some people think that you're a bully who won't back down until everyone agrees with what you are saying.

People are trying to provide advice, information, suggestions, etc. It is up to the OP of the thread to do more research and reach their own conclusions, they certainly don't need them hammered into their heads ... especially by someone who has to have the last word.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

What? This OP has been in contact with me already and I never "posted against" them.
Jag...that's water under the bridge and we've been in contact with each other, everything is fine.

Also the person who had their dog shipped from overseas...REALLY?? I posted to not let the GSD attack the small dog. Many others who posted later were much more "rude" than I was, and "in their face" about the GSD vs. Chihuahua.

I'm finding it interesting that you claim I'm "rude" when others in this very thread were the cause of this particular OP leaving, and I've reached out to this OP and explained those folks mean no harm, etc., they still don't want to post here again.

I guess it's all about which side of the proverbial fence you are on, if someone's "rude" or not?

Last edited by msvette2u; 11-25-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #67 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"Either way, the OP is done in this thread and maybe the entire board, due to the accusations she's a poor owner because she "let" her vet vaccinate the puppy."

NO ONE accused this owner of being a poor owner .
She's alright . The dog will be alright .
carmspack is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

carms, I explained to her that is not what you were saying
Old 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #69 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.