Possible poisoning attempt - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #61 (permalink)
Master Member

Now this may sound crazy this is what I would do IF i had no money to test that chicken treat.

I would actually try a piece myself and then spit it out, and then I would try regualar piece bought from the store...( IF you know exactely what kind of treat it was) If i could taste the diffirence I would go to the neigbors immidiately to sort this out, how can you make the situation worse by asking them directly? They already hate your dogs therefor they hate you and you hate them, you got nothing to lose.I think it might even scare them off... Obviousely you would need to install those cameras ASAP and be sure to tell your neighborhs that you will be having cameras on your land with 24/7 monitoring system. This is just something that I would do...
By the way this is something I am very scared of as well my neighbors are dog haters too and after my husband told they that the lady complained about the "horrrible" noise I don't leave my dog in backyard unsupervised. If in fact they try to poison MY dog ...boy would they be sorry for a very very long time.
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #62 (permalink)
Master Member

One of my neighbors got themselves a chihuahua they were party people, a young couple. Well, they decided to leave their dog in the backyard yapping for hours and hours... the neighbors would come back from their parties around 1 am. I had to get up early for work and i could not sleep with non stop chihuahua barking seriousely I don't know how such a small dog has so much energy to bark this long... so anyway next day I went to the neighbors and told them I couldn't sleep because of their dog. They smiled and apoligized they were nice. Next night same story... and the next night...and the next, and I couldn't catch them in time to explain how frustrating it is to have a bad day at work because of not enough rest becuase of THEIR dog. One night it was around 2 am I HAD ENOUGH. I walked outside and was standing in my pajamas to SCREAM at my neighbors, after they finally arrived I said what needed to be said and never again heard that dog's bark again. They must have realized that if a girl in standing outside at 2am in her pajamas waiting for her neighbors its time to put the dog in the house But poisoning an innocent animal wtf is wrong with people. its the owners who are at fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #63 (permalink)

Default Possible Poisoning attempt

After living behind someone for 25 years who has dog after dog after dog that barks (she now has 9 pugs), I can understand why someone would "think" about doing SOMETHING, but I think more of doing something to the people than the dogs. It's not the dogs' fault. I have called at 2 a.m. after being up all night with their dogs inscescent barking, telling them who I was and if I'm up, they will be up too! After numerous nights of this, they finally put their dogs in the house. I understand this is now the world of cell phones, so this may not work as well, but jam up their mailbox. Maybe eventually they'll get the hint. We are in the country so there are no "barking" laws here. You just have to try to work with the neighbors. They keep their house locked up both night and day, with either the air conditioning on or heat on so they can't hear their dogs barking. She actually told me someone gave her one of the dogs because in the city the dog had so many complaints that they were going to put the dog down, so they gave it to her so the dog could live in the country where the neighbors don't care if the dogs bark or not!!???!!! What is wrong with people? We have 3 dogs of our
own, and I'd be imbarressed if my dogs (or kids) were disturbing our neighbors.
Bunky15420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
Master Member

I know better safe than sorry, but I can't help imagine some misguided animal lover leaving treats for your dogs and inadvertently causing all of this chaos.

Gable: Black and Red GSD: 03/02/2012 -
Suki: Russian Blue: 03/02/2013 -
Anitsisqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #65 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie87 View Post
Now this may sound crazy this is what I would do IF i had no money to test that chicken treat.

I would actually try a piece myself and then spit it out, and then I would try regualar piece bought from the store...( IF you know exactely what kind of treat it was) If i could taste the diffirence I would go to the neigbors immidiately to sort this out, how can you make the situation worse by asking them directly? They already hate your dogs therefor they hate you and you hate them, you got nothing to lose.I think it might even scare them off... Obviousely you would need to install those cameras ASAP and be sure to tell your neighborhs that you will be having cameras on your land with 24/7 monitoring system. This is just something that I would do...
By the way this is something I am very scared of as well my neighbors are dog haters too and after my husband told they that the lady complained about the "horrrible" noise I don't leave my dog in backyard unsupervised. If in fact they try to poison MY dog ...boy would they be sorry for a very very long time.
i am pretty sure the taste test is a bad idea, even if the taste is different it won't tell you anything.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.