Possible poisoning attempt - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimeforgsd View Post
Neighbors are NOT on their property, dogs only bark when someone is near my fence or a dog running loose charges my fence. There is a wooden privacy fence that seperates my property from any neighbors and my dogs do NOT bark at just anything, or any noise from the neighbors direction. They only bark at people that are near my property.
There is no need to defend yourself. I am appalled by some of the comments on here and comments made from people who own dogs and supposedly love dogs?? NO dog deserves to be poisoned under any circumstance. A dog will bark to protect its property. Sometimes there is a place and time for rude comments, this thread is neither that time or place.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC
Brennan- Golden Retriever

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you
more than he loves himself."
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
. Every single time I go outside the filthy pieces of crap
This is the saddest thing I have seen on here. This coming from someone who likes dogs, owns dogs? Maybe its the owners that are pieces of crap. A dog doesn't know any better unless the owner teaches it.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC
Brennan- Golden Retriever

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you
more than he loves himself."
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
If your neighbors are on their own property, they have every right to be there and not have your dogs yapping at them and if you not only allow this, but encourage it, they don't see any end in sight to this other than killing your dogs. Your choice. Shut your dogs up or they kill them.
too many other options for the neighbors to choose from. from the simple knocking on the door and let her know there is a problem to calling the police and ac. i would never condone poisoning anothers pet for any reason.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
There is no need to defend yourself. I am appalled by some of the comments on here and comments made from people who own dogs and supposedly love dogs?? NO dog deserves to be poisoned under any circumstance. A dog will bark to protect its property. Sometimes there is a place and time for rude comments, this thread is neither that time or place.
Thank you, that was not a response that I was expecting from another member, saying a dog deserves to be poisoned.
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
1sttimeforgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
If your neighbors are on their own property, they have every right to be there and not have your dogs yapping at them and if you not only allow this, but encourage it, they don't see any end in sight to this other than killing your dogs. Your choice. Shut your dogs up or they kill them.
There are proper ways in dealing with nuisance dogs. It doesn't sound like the OPs dogs are barking incessantly. Taking such drastic actions could and should put the perp in jail/prison.
Nigel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
I can totally understand it. Every single time I go outside the filthy pieces of crap coming running out of the house and bark incessantly for hours on end and the owners do absolutely nothing about it. Yes, I understand and this OP needs to look at the cause because he's the one that can stop this.
[QUOTE=Elaine;2632957]If your neighbors are on their own property, they have every right to be there and not have your dogs yapping at them and if you not only allow this, but encourage it, they don't see any end in sight to this other than killing your dogs. Your choice. Shut your dogs up or they kill them.[/QUOTE]

O.K. sometimes posts in written word can seem a little forethright w/o the tone a voice/emotion can lend to how advice might sound. And perhaps taking a matter of fact approach such as this to "knock some sense" into the OP, as a dog lover and not wanting to hear about some tragedy because of...but come on...a little more care and compassion.

There is nothing regarding hours of harrassment to the Blanketbacks neighbours...and charging a fence to give a little what for when the neighbours are out does not constitute grounds for such anger as to poison a dog. Everybody has a threshold and w/o calling AC or writing a letter to the offensive party, talking to etc. and w/o a back story...then Your posts are biased, it is based on assumption re: your personal exp. as to why the OP has control.

Much like any criminal act against human or animal, this is not an act of how to deal with nuisance behaviour. This is cruelty, CONTROL...This the act of physcopathic behaviour and these type people have no remorse for their actions. The dogs could be saints and not make a peep, and this could still happen....there are plenty of stories in the news of unprovoked assaults on animals.

SO to the issue at hand. Setting up a camera, may help catch the person responsible, but will not prevent and/or protect...You can post surveillance signs as a deterent, but a baliklava solves that problem...

I think motion detected flood lights may be more in order...people are less likely to mess around when there's a spot light on them, also would alert you. Just a thought.

Hope your doggie is well.
Side Note: In case of potential poisoning...have activated charcoal on hand. L/U dosing...but right after enducing vomiting, this will get into the gut and absborb toxins before entering the blood stream...Also, having slippery elm on hand in case of burns to internals pathways, to help heal and sooth
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I need to get some activated charcoal to have on hand, thanks for the suggestion.
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
1sttimeforgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I guess it's human nature to personalize everything? If I say my neighbor didn't like GSDs, it's a given that my dog was free to constantly bark at them, if that's an issue someone has with their neighbors? Huh. My current neighbor doesn't like GSDs either, because he was bitten by one. My former neighbors didn't like them because they had relocated from a part of the world where the breed isn't kept as a pet. Nothing to do with constant barking - because that annoys the crap out of me - it's noise pollution, not good for the dogs, and removes the benefit of alerting me to potential trouble.
Blanketback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Master Member

Death by poisoning is very slow and extremely painful. You want to avoid this at any cost. Who is right and who is wrong will not help the dogs at the end of the day.

Take action and protect the dogs first rather than argue who is wrong and who is right. That would be my first action, next action would be to identify if it was indeed poisoned bacon and identify who put it there, then there would be consequences. Take care of the dogs first.
Packen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Have you actually spoken to your neighbors? Have they complained about your dogs in the past?
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.