Possible poisoning attempt - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Member

You might ask your vet or call poison control to see if testing could be done at reasonable price. That is just so terrible to think about, you just never know about people.
readaboutdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Knighted Member

That's terrible! I had awful neighbors before, and they'd throw their cooked chicken carcasses over the shared fence. WTF?! They didn't like GSDs - when I yelled at them they said they thought my dog would like it....yeah right. They also called AC on me, but then they came out, they knew it was a nuisance call. Jeez, some people. How can you get rid of them?!? I'd try to phone in a report too, you never know if it will be helpful to have this on record.
Blanketback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It sounds like you know your dogs are annoying the crap out of the neighbors to the point where you think they would try and harm your dogs. Maybe you need to do something about your dogs? I live next to dogs like this and can totally understand where your neighbors are coming from.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

have the bacon strips tested. 3&1/2 acres is small enough
to give it a once over daily or often especially if you're
concerned about your dogs being poisoned.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimeforgsd View Post
I have camera's but they have not been installed yet. As for testing the strips I would not know how to go about that and we are on a very, very limited income because of issues out of our control. I asked my husband if he thought we should try to make a police report and he said that they probably would not come, not knowing any more than we do.
We had some sicko using poison meatballs to kill random people's dogs. The meatballs were tossed into yards and it was usually too late by the time the owner found out. It was the police that collected the meatballs and they were tested @ Washington state university. You may want to research your options to have them tested. If it is poison, they may try again.

Here is a link to the meatball poisoning, it happened in 2010.
More poisonous meatballs found on South Hill | KREM.com Spokane
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

I can understand being annoyed, but NOT trying to poison a dog. Call animal control if a dog is that annoying.
My neighbors have kids that are annoying...... In fact some adults are annoying too.
katdog5911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
It sounds like you know your dogs are annoying the crap out of the neighbors to the point where you think they would try and harm your dogs. Maybe you need to do something about your dogs? I live next to dogs like this and can totally understand where your neighbors are coming from.
I am sorry that you feel it is accecptable to poison someones dog for any reason. As I said my property is isolated to an extent on 3 sides, there is no reason that anyone needs to be near my property. My dogs are allowed to bark when someone is near my property, I have allowed them to do that to let me know because I have storage buildings on the far end and I need to know if someone is hanging around with the intentions of stealing from me.
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
1sttimeforgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdog5911 View Post
I can understand being annoyed, but NOT trying to poison a dog. Call animal control if a dog is that annoying.
My neighbors have kids that are annoying...... In fact some adults are annoying too.
I can totally understand it. Every single time I go outside the filthy pieces of crap coming running out of the house and bark incessantly for hours on end and the owners do absolutely nothing about it. Yes, I understand and this OP needs to look at the cause because he's the one that can stop this.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimeforgsd View Post
I am sorry that you feel it is accecptable to poison someones dog for any reason. As I said my property is isolated to an extent on 3 sides, there is no reason that anyone needs to be near my property. My dogs are allowed to bark when someone is near my property, I have allowed them to do that to let me know because I have storage buildings on the far end and I need to know if someone is hanging around with the intentions of stealing from me.
If your neighbors are on their own property, they have every right to be there and not have your dogs yapping at them and if you not only allow this, but encourage it, they don't see any end in sight to this other than killing your dogs. Your choice. Shut your dogs up or they kill them.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
If your neighbors are on their own property, they have every right to be there and not have your dogs yapping at them and if you not only allow this, but encourage it, they don't see any end in sight to this other than killing your dogs. Your choice. Shut your dogs up or they kill them.
Neighbors are NOT on their property, dogs only bark when someone is near my fence or a dog running loose charges my fence. There is a wooden privacy fence that seperates my property from any neighbors and my dogs do NOT bark at just anything, or any noise from the neighbors direction. They only bark at people that are near my property.
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
1sttimeforgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.