In Need of Help - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
It's really chilly, and I can't bathe her inside.
You don't have a bathtub? When we bathe ours at home we just put them in the tub, I've never bathed a dog outside.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Default Try adding Coconut Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
Ugh! So, Mox has been on the ear drops (ketoconazole and some other stuff....compounded by the vet), prednisone, and I was supposed to.shampoo her with this follicle-flushing shampoo. I never got around to the shampoo because it has been too cold to bathe her. After a week on the ear drops and pred every other day, her ear infection is gone, she no longer stinks, her hair has grown back, and the abundance of sticky oil on her skin is gone.

I am at a loss. One vet said food/flea allergies, but that's been ruled out. Found out she had erhlichia, but that's been treated, twice. The third vet said she had a genetic disorder that caused her to overproduce oil. So, what the heck is going on? I don't feel right using the shampoo, now. Her skin has completely cleared up, and she's back to normal.

We are so nervous. I am praying this is the end because we cannot afford anymore vet bills regarding this issue. She's on grain-free kibble, raw treats, and vitamin C. Her food is made with salmon instead of chicken. She gets raw beef ribs, chicken backs, organs, and chicken necks once a week. She's on flea/tick preventive and heartworm preventive.

What else could be going on? I feel like I'm going insane!
Read up on Coconut Oil and the health benefits for dogs AND humans!!! My girl is loving it and will lick it right off of the spoon. Just a few of the benefits are allergies, skin disorders, joints, a natural deoderant, good for digestion, it really is a miracle fat. A healthy fat and an excellent cure all. We feed our horses a coconut meal supplement feed and they look amazing!

Anyway, I think you will find more benefits by researching it on the web and there is tons of info on feeding it to dogs!
dbrk9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.