DM - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Knighted Member

i would do the seventy dollar test, just to be sure nothing treatable was missed. might give you a little piece of mind.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I was suspecting DM in my older male.....did a lyme's test - he tested positive.....Pred and Doxy are cheap and he responded quickly.....get a lyme disease test...

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
Knighted Member

times like this, one would wish for something simple like lyme disease.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I was ready to put him to sleep Tuesday.....I thought he had a stroke at 3 am Monday night....he had apparently 'cast' himself against a wall and woke me up.....so I got him in the truck and went back to the vets (I had been there Monday to let my 21 year old Bengal cat go finally.... ) and just was near hysterical to lose him within 24 hours of Kinu....

Looking back - we suspected Lyme prior to my accident - but that sort of got pushed down the list of issues and problems when I got hurt....

Seriously - with that quick an onset - look at lyme before you give up.....there is alot going on with your boy unfortunately - but it is worth a look.

<<<hugs>>>

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

I would also look at a Lyme test as well as erhlichia,,do a snap4, it tests for both erhlichia's as well as Lyme..I would start there.

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dainerra

the eyes was because of the sedative. it can cause those type of reactions when there is already neurological damage. Once the sedative wore off (finally) he was back to normal.
he has been checked for lyme and tick borne illnesses since he first started the symptoms. His symptoms first started over a year ago. and have progressed rapidly in the last month.
Dainerra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
I was ready to put him to sleep Tuesday.....I thought he had a stroke at 3 am Monday night....he had apparently 'cast' himself against a wall and woke me up.....so I got him in the truck and went back to the vets (I had been there Monday to let my 21 year old Bengal cat go finally.... ) and just was near hysterical to lose him within 24 hours of Kinu....

Looking back - we suspected Lyme prior to my accident - but that sort of got pushed down the list of issues and problems when I got hurt....

Seriously - with that quick an onset - look at lyme before you give up.....there is alot going on with your boy unfortunately - but it is worth a look.

<<<hugs>>>

Lee
Lee, I am so sorry about your cat. That's really tough.

And Dainerra, I'm sorry for all you are going through. Try to hang in there. I know it's tough. I lost my old girl to DM in August.

Adding my hugs to Lee's,
Jan
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Haven't had a chance to get back.

Got some great news yesterday! His kidneys and liver function are all in the normal range. They aren't sure why he has developed the sudden need to drink 2 quarts of water at a setting but his urine isn't too dilute so he isn't "over-drinking" either.

There is a large hard mass in his left groin. The vet has prescribed steroids and antibiotics, hoping that we can shrink it. She believes that it is pressing on the lymph system and causing fluid to accumulate in that leg.

He has perked up 100% and is happy and cheerful since Friday. Even the techs were amazed at the difference. He was growling and very fearful on Wed (entirely not himself) and on Saturday he was limping through the office mooching for treats and loving on everyone.

He is getting Epsom salt soaks 2X a day with alternating hot and cold compresses between times.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

at the lake this morning.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Beautiful
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.