Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Dogs just ate M&M's, any reason to be concerned?
Yes, I know chocolate is toxic for dogs. Somehow my dogs got ahold of 2 bags of the halloween M&M's, the peanut ones. Each bag is 13 grams and probably holds 10 peanut M&M's. Both dogs consumed them I believe, but I have no idea how much each dog had.
I know M&M's don't have a ton of chocolate, and it's milk chocolate so it's not quite as toxic as if it were dark chocolate, but is there any reason to be concerned? Obviously I've made sure the rest are out of reach (I though they were to begin with), but is such a small amount of chocolate any reason to take them to the E-vet? I wasn't planning on it as my google searches seem to indicate they'll be fine, but I thought I would ask here to be safe as well.
I don't have anything here that would make them throw up, so it's either off to the vet they go, or I do nothing.
Cedar - August 8, 2010
Titan - October 20, 2011