Beware the Rope Toys - And More Things You Haven't Thought Of! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeva View Post
I agree, thank you for sharing! I thought those rope toys were pretty durable...
They gave us one when we brought Mox home from the pound. She chewed through it in less than a minute. I'm surprised the ball with the rope lasted as long as it did. I just didn't think she would swallow any of it.

Ashley
Beulaville, NC

Moxy - GSD 6 yo (rescue)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Crow - Bassett fauve de Bretange 4 yo (adopted)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mew - Maine Coon mix 6 yo (adopted)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Crowned Member

Also beware pulling anything out of your dog that is in your dog like a rope toy or string (thinking cat) especially from the other end. Call/take the dog to the vet - there could be something wrapped around the GI system...and that can be bad.

Glad that all is well for Moxy!

post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanKBBMMMAAN View Post
Also beware pulling anything out of your dog that is in your dog like a rope toy or string (thinking cat) especially from the other end. Call/take the dog to the vet - there could be something wrapped around the GI system...and that can be bad.

OMG I've done this before! I am so lucky. I never even considered such a thing could happen Good advice.

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Thankfully, I caught it before it got too far into her digestive system. Not sure I have the stomach or stones to pull anything out of the back end.

Ashley
Beulaville, NC

Moxy - GSD 6 yo (rescue)

post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Crowned Member

thanks for the warning, i have also had a huge vet bill after having a blockage removed.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeva View Post
OMG I've done this before! I am so lucky. I never even considered such a thing could happen Good advice.
I had no idea either - a bunch of crazy cat ladies told me that!

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I had no idea either - a bunch of crazy cat ladies told me that!
Apparently, they weren't so crazy after all. Lol

Ashley
Beulaville, NC

Moxy - GSD 6 yo (rescue)

post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla
Question

Maybe this should be made into a sticky.

So many don't realize the issues this toy can create. The labels are always covered with all the feel good stuff like cleans the teeth, good exercise etc and nothing about the dangers.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
Maybe this should be made into a sticky.

So many don't realize the issues this toy can create. The labels are always covered with all the feel good stuff like cleans the teeth, good exercise etc and nothing about the dangers.
I agree. I never thought about the dangers until I got a GSD...especially one who likes to destroy and obliterate her toys. I was told the black Kong toys and larger ball toys would be better for her since they are more durable. She will kill a tennis ball in 4 seconds flat. So, we have to really be careful about her toys.

Ashley
Beulaville, NC

Moxy - GSD 6 yo (rescue)

post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
I agree. I never thought about the dangers until I got a GSD...especially one who likes to destroy and obliterate her toys. I was told the black Kong toys and larger ball toys would be better for her since they are more durable. She will kill a tennis ball in 4 seconds flat. So, we have to really be careful about her toys.
FYI about tennis balls. Not good for their teeth, wears them down like sand paper. And at some point becomes to small and can be swallowed. It does happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page