Brain tumor? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyLuv View Post
Well Monos Thyroid result is normal...our next (and last) step is a Neuro consult but no MRI...The vet doesn't want to believe its a brain tumor but she isn't sure...It may be Idiopathic, she also mentioned possible ear scarring from infections? All this I DON'T KNOW I very, very frustrating...=(
I know its a lot easier said then done, but try to stay calm until you know everything. It is much easier to think and plan with a clear mind. Sending prayers your way
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Heya, llombardo,Thanks for the "pup" talk, hee hee...Sorry, that was cheesy...
Anyways, guys, Mono seems to be completely back to his old self with the exception of the paralysis on his left side...We are most likely gonna see the Neuro for our peace of mind...It seems that once his ear infection cleared up the symptoms went away, and knock on wood hes been fine since...Its weird, but we are very happy to see our sweet boy again...
Thank you again to everyone for your words, stories and good thoughts, I will keep you posted on what the Neuro says, fingers, toes and paws crossed! Much love to you guys...I don't know what I'd do without this forum to help, its good to know there are so many of us GSD lovers out there! =)
JazzyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Much love back to you! So glad to hear that Mono is feeling better. I so hope that it's just one of those weird idiopathic things, maybe an imbalance due to his ear infection.
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hey guys, sorry about the delay update...Mono is still his old self, his face is still a little weird, but amazingly it "tightened up" on his droopy side...Maybe hes just an old man with a cute as a button face...In any case, thank you all for your advice and help, I tell ya, life with a GSD makes it all worth living... =)
Old 11-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Great news! It could be some kind of nerve inflammation that clears up on its own over time. My old guy had vestibular syndrome that looked horrible for two weeks, but he recovered nicely.
RebelGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

is there any chance that this may be a reaction to a vaccination the dog had .
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thanks, Rebel, I do believe it is/was ear/nerve/etc related...Granted his face has "personality," now, but thats AOK with us! =) Our only thing now is on that side of his face his nose tends to dry up...Ive got to clean it daily and apply vasaline...I dont mind and hes very good about holding still...I was wondering though, if anyone knew about this stuff called "Snout Soother?" I was thinking about ordering it since its all natural (vet said vasaline is ok, but I wanna try something else) but its pricey...
As for a vaccine, carmspack, I dont think so, we havent had him vaccinated around the time it all started, but I can understand why that would be a concern...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.