I have two GSDs from reputable breeders raised from puppy, same litter, great temperament
- One died at the age of 9.5 from hemangiosarcoma, he was healthy until that point.
- The other one is 11.5 and has degenerative myelopathy.
- One rescue foster imported by the police from Germany, reputable working line kennel, the dog had EPI, diabates insipidus, pannus, died of cancer at the age of 10, retired from police work at the age of 8, great temperament
- Another rescue foster, top German show lines, top kennel, had to be euthanized at the age of 2.5 because of skin problems, temperament issues too
- one rescue foster, placed well at the Sieger show, lived 12.5, died of cancer, had mild hip dysplasia and skin issues that went away on raw.
- one rescue foster from German and american lines mixed, seemed healthy and then dropped dead suddenly at the age of 1.5
Many rescue fosters, health not bad in the average, some came in sick from grave neglect, but most of them I managed to nurse back to good health. Temperament was fine with most.
None of the rescues from no name breeders had SIBO or EPI, none of the rescues from no name breeders had skin problems that required euthanasia.
Last edited by RebelGSD; 07-07-2011 at 05:28 PM.