Success: stem cell treatment for degenerative myelopathy - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

It never ceases to amaze me. This is the video of his after- treatment neurological exam.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14310853/Ril...20May%2010.mov
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 03:26 PM

Please check your PM

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelGSD View Post
If anyone has a dog with DM an is interested in pursuing stem cell treatment, please PM me and I can provide contact information.

Pack leader for Heide, Chazz, Izabella, and Ivan.

At the Bridge: Chico and Atja
post #23 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Responded

post #24 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Elite Member

This is amazing!Thank you so much for sharing. The videos have really made an impact in me, and I think will have the same impact on many others.

To think that THIS much improvement can be seen in Riley, and yet, there are still people who refuse to look at this advancement fairly and give it a due scientific research process.

I hope when and if I ever deal with disorders that can be treated via stem cell therapy, it will be a more available procedure.
post #25 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Riley continues to do well several months after the last treatment.
He was re-evaluated last week by the treating veterinarian and he is doing great for an 11.5 yo GSD.
post #26 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Crowned Member

That's wonderful! I have great hope for stem cell therapy in many areas of medicine.
post #27 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I feel the same, I think it is the future of medicine. It is a pity that there are so many hurdles in research on humans.
post #28 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 03:34 PM

Hi all, I am new to this Forum and need some help for my GSD.

My boy Hans (9yrs old) has DM and I am looking for any and all information on the stem cell Therapy. Also, any information on vitamins or any thing else would be appreciated. I have him in a Biko Brace now to be able to exercise him more and that seems to be helping. I have had to put boots on both back feet because of dragging and wearing the nails down to bleeding. They also seem to be helping and he is such a good boy about anything I put on him. I also take him swimming every other day which he loves!
post #29 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Elite Member

WOW truly Amazing! Riley looks great what a big change in such little time. Speachless.....

Otto Blk GSD 02/23/10
Circe Blk Sable GSD 06/22/08
My fur babies!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #30 of 112 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvitola View Post
Hi all, I am new to this Forum and need some help for my GSD.

My boy Hans (9yrs old) has DM and I am looking for any and all information on the stem cell Therapy. Also, any information on vitamins or any thing else would be appreciated. I have him in a Biko Brace now to be able to exercise him more and that seems to be helping. I have had to put boots on both back feet because of dragging and wearing the nails down to bleeding. They also seem to be helping and he is such a good boy about anything I put on him. I also take him swimming every other day which he loves!
DM is such a terrible disease, I'm sorry that you are dealing with it.

You might need to pm the OP about the stem cell question, if she doesn't see this post later. My understanding is that this is still in the experimental phase, but it's VERY exciting.

There is a Health Sticky at the top of the health forum, which has information DM and other spinal conditions. You will have to scroll down and find the actual thread, or do a search in the page, the links got messed up when the board changed over.

There is also some information here:
Skeletal Conditions & Degenerative Myelopathy(DM) - GermanShepherdHome.net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page