Pseudomonas, Enterococcus, & Staph Bacteria vagina - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: Pseudomonas, Enterococcus, & Staph Bacteria vagina

Yes, I found out the hard way of knowing that Bella should also be taking some Probioitics...... wasn't fun. Since Tues, her area looks a lot better. BUT as we have learned.... will be giving her the meds for sometime!!! Also cleaning her up after she goes to the bathroom too... maybe that is helping. Thank you for all of the posts...
MylaBella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Re: Pseudomonas, Enterococcus, & Staph Bacteria vagina

I think it is a good idea to clean her up, perhaps she is having a problem keeping herself clean- that could contribute to the infection. My Golden had issues with that when she got older, she had severe spinal spondylosis so she could not curve her spine much and was not able to keep the area around the vulva clean, which resulted in irritation. My vet recommended Malacetic wipes, which are a type of vet wipe which is safe to use around sensitive areas.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

Default Did your Dog Bella got cured?

My dog Ronja has the same condition as your Bella had. We live in Finland. I hope you are still reading this forum. Did your Bella got cured with those antibiotic injektions? they are thinking about same treatment to my dog. Im so worried that i will lose her because they say its really rare to have pseudomonas bacteria in vulva. There is not many options what to do. Please if you have any advice or have same experience with your dog please write. My dog is now 4.5year old. She is the best dog i have ever had and we are a team together. I cant bare the thought about losing her now as she is still so young and full of energy. I will do everythign for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylaBella View Post
My youngest, Bella - a 3 year old fixed german shepherd was diganosed with those 3 bacteria's around her vulva about a month ago. She was given a pill form of an antibotic that was sensitive to all three. After the med ran out, about a week later the redness and blisters came back - and in my opinion worse then before. Took her to see the vet yesterday. Will try another round of the meds for a week. Will take her back to look at and either continue or try something new. My question is... has anyone else had expererience with these kinds of bacterial? Our vet tells us that it is common for dogs to get bacteria infections in their ears and he has seen some cases like Bella's. Any help, insight, suggestions, etc would be very helpful!
MyRonja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default psuedomonas

My 7yo GSD, Tika, has struggled with an ongoing pseudomonas infection in her vulva area for 3 years. She sees a dermatolgist & has been on expensive antibiotics (Zenequin) on and off for better part of 2yrs. in addition to topicals (Silver Spray, Silversulfadiazine, Mal-a-ket, etc). Every time we took her off Zenequin, infection returned within weeks. A few months ago, I got fed up with return of the sores and her living in a cone. I ordered Vetericyn VF Hydrogel and began applying 2X daily. The sores cleared up and signs of infection are gone. This is the first topical that I've used that actually cleared up the infection without the combined use of ABX. Told my Vet Derm what I did and he said he is unsure how this works but to go ahead and keep using it if it is doing the job. It is a miracle to me.
ammgood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Member

Neem oil would also be good for such an infection

Also Vit C and cranberry extract given with food is very good for Uti's

Also if you want to increase a dogs water intake add chicken broth to the water
MadLab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.