German Shepherds Forum banner

Happy 9th birthday to Keefer!

2K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  NancyJ 
#1 ·
Actually, it was on 8/25 - bad dog mom for not posting this sooner!!! The Keef is pretty spry for an older guy, still happy, energetic, and loving life, even though he gets grayer in the muzzle year by year. Keefer sometimes gets overshadowed by the antics of his wild and crazy sister Halo, but he is my sweet boy who adores me. The feeling is mutual :wub:

Some pictures, old and new:

With Dena

And Halo

On a hike

And just around the house

See less See more
#3 ·
:birthday: to one of most handsome GSD here :wub: May you have many more :)

#17 ·
Thanks everyone! BTW, that tag you can see in the last picture says: "If you can read this, I will lick you". And he will! :rofl: :wub:

Yeah, it is hard watching them age. :( He still jumps around like a puppy when I get his leash down, but he can't go as far as he used to, and he wilts when it's really hot out. I took him out for a 5 mile hilly hike a month or two ago and he was really slowing down by the end. I'm thinking 3 or 4 miles is probably plenty for him these days. He loves his pack, but I don't have him wear it much anymore. He doesn't carry much weight, just some water and a collapsible dish, but I don't want him to overdo it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.