German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Guide, Therapy & Service Dogs (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/guide-therapy-service-dogs/)
-   -   In target today... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/guide-therapy-service-dogs/422385-target-today.html)

Mishka&Milo 03-10-2014 10:14 PM

In target today...

1 Attachment(s)
I am proud to announce that my pretty girl has overcome her fear of store alarms, and is doing very well with her down stay. Attachment 189353

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Mary Beth 03-11-2014 09:20 PM

Congratulations! What a good girl!

gsdsar 03-11-2014 09:22 PM

Good girl!!!!

boomer11 03-11-2014 09:25 PM

I didn't know you could take your dog into target?! Where are you located?

coulter 03-11-2014 09:42 PM

Agreed. I'd love to take my dogs to target

Nigel 03-11-2014 10:01 PM

Well they did mention "store alarms," maybe they were there after hours lol! JK, nice to see your training paying off, great job!

Thewretched 03-11-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomer11 (Post 5179882)
I didn't know you could take your dog into target?! Where are you located?

She's being trained as a service dog. Here in Alabama where we are located, in training dogs are allowed all rights and privileges a guide dog is allowed, so we take her everywhere we go

Thewretched 03-11-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel (Post 5180226)
Well they did mention "store alarms," maybe they were there after hours lol! JK, nice to see your training paying off, great job!

The "anti theft gates" they have give off an untra high pitch sound that she could hear, and hated. But from help from her brilliant mother, she learned to over come it

shilorio 03-12-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewretched (Post 5180266)
She's being trained as a service dog. Here in Alabama where we are located, in training dogs are allowed all rights and privileges a guide dog is allowed, so we take her everywhere we go

In Washington the ADA doesn't cover service dogs in training, so if me and Elios are asked to leave we have to. Untill he is done with his training.
We haven't been asked yet, but we also haven't had many problems (:
You must get a lot of smiles huh? (: very cute! I get comments and smiles. Every. Step.
Its hard (:
VERY good looking pup!

Thewretched 03-12-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilorio (Post 5181138)
In Washington the ADA doesn't cover service dogs in training, so if me and Elios are asked to leave we have to. Untill he is done with his training.

We haven't been asked yet, but we also haven't had many problems (:

You must get a lot of smiles huh? (: very cute! I get comments and smiles. Every. Step.

Its hard (:

VERY good looking pup!

Thank you so much, yes here it's actually a misdemeanor if we are questioned by an employee/manager/owner. they are allowed to ask what type of service dog. And what can she do (what is her task). Anything other than those 2 and it's against the law, citizens on the other hand never seem to stop asking questions. me and my wife have started speaking German every time we walk past someone who has the "AWWWWW" face.

Curious, what are some of the problems you had?

We had the security gates that annoyed her for a solid day.. And she didn't like elevators for about 3 days.