graphite shepherds - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default graphite shepherds

Hello
My name is Javier and i am an sculptor an illustrator from Spain. A few days ago i joined to your forum to share with you a GSD figure i am doing.
Some of you also ask me about drawings related to german shepherds and eventhough is included in my signature here you are a FB page that i am running where i daily draw my best friend Lia after her morning walks. At the beginning i drew her sleeping on the floor but soon the thing became more funny...
Here is the link just in case someone want to have a look and if you like it and click in the like button i will appreciate it.

www.facebook.com/graphiteshepherds

Thanks for your time

Best from Spain

Javier

truff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Gracias for sharing your work, I really enjoyed the phot you posted here.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 05-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApselBear View Post
Gracias for sharing your work, I really enjoyed the phot you posted here.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Photo>.< I hate when it won't let me edit for typos
Old 05-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truff View Post
Hello
My name is Javier and i am an sculptor an illustrator from Spain. A few days ago i joined to your forum to share with you a GSD figure i am doing.
Some of you also ask me about drawings related to german shepherds and eventhough is included in my signature here you are a FB page that i am running where i daily draw my best friend Lia after her morning walks. At the beginning i drew her sleeping on the floor but soon the thing became more funny...
Here is the link just in case someone want to have a look and if you like it and click in the like button i will appreciate it.

www.facebook.com/graphiteshepherds

Thanks for your time

Best from Spain

Javier
Javier,

I am also an artist, and have always preferred graphite and conte crayon as my first choice, although I do love watercolor and oils as well. There are many artists who are good designers, with a good eye for composition and color, and those who are artisans with a command of their media of choice, but many of these cannot capture the soul of a living creature, be it human or animal. You, my friend, have it all. Your drawings of the beautiful Lia are charming, her personality shines through. I admire your sculptures also, something I had neither time nor opportunity to study in my youth.

I am curious... Have you ever tried studies of horses? I can only imagine your portrayal of a lovely Arabian with its gorgeous head and bearing, or the beautiful, elegant Andalusian, native to Spain. If you have not, it might be something to consider...

Kindest regards,

Susan
Susan_GSD_mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan_GSD_mom View Post
Javier,

I am also an artist, and have always preferred graphite and conte crayon as my first choice, although I do love watercolor and oils as well. There are many artists who are good designers, with a good eye for composition and color, and those who are artisans with a command of their media of choice, but many of these cannot capture the soul of a living creature, be it human or animal. You, my friend, have it all. Your drawings of the beautiful Lia are charming, her personality shines through. I admire your sculptures also, something I had neither time nor opportunity to study in my youth.

I am curious... Have you ever tried studies of horses? I can only imagine your portrayal of a lovely Arabian with its gorgeous head and bearing, or the beautiful, elegant Andalusian, native to Spain. If you have not, it might be something to consider...

Kindest regards,

Susan
Thanks a lot Susan, i also feel very confortable with graphite and charcoal pencils.
I think that living with a dog makes your imagination fly and help a lot when you talk about capturing the soul of an animal.
The horses are another amazing animal one of the most beautiful in my opinion, but i would need to see and spend time with them to make good drawings. Unfortunatley i dont have enough room for one at home.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hello again,

I´ve been asked for some forum members about selling my drawings, for those who could be interested most of my drawings that i share in my FB page can be available at this online shop:

getajanow ? Home

Please feel free to contact me if you can´t find what you´re looking for

Thanks for your interest
Javier

Old 05-11-2014, 05:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Working with my favourite model
Old 05-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

A sable shepherd
Old 05-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

German shepherd lover
Old 05-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sable in the cold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.