Check out M1-K9 Collars! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 01:40 AM
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Cheyanna
It looks like I took off my belt and put it around the dog's neck.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Cheyanna
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Handler for Service Dog, Fiona Van Sandstein (5/23/12 -- )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 01:53 AM

Just curious on the price also.....

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 01:20 PM

Check these collars and harnesses out.

http://www.julius-k9.com/index.php?o...=10&Itemid=581

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 06:42 PM

My dog had this really nice black leather studded collar which broke 9 months ago. Ever since then he has been wearing this wide nylon collar which has this biker print all over it. I love the collar because it's wide, but I dislike the design. I really dig this though.

Hi, I'm Charlie. And, you are?
Charlie-GSD 5/30/2011-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tiny-Toy Poodle 9/25/2009-
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Crowned Member

Is the width a problem??
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpittsJake5178 View Post
I have a German shepherd that has been recently diagnious with degenerative myopathy disease. We were told nothing could be done but to slow down the progression with medication. Please...please... Tell me we can do something it doe sent matter where or the fee!! I love my jake can't stand to be without him or see him suffer. Please reply....
PM sent
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXO View Post
LOL, The United States Military doesnt use anything that remotely resembles these collars. .
The US Navy does.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip18 View Post
PM sent
I feel for you. I lost a GREAT GS to DM. It really hurt bad. I have a Shiloh Shepherd now & am looking for a GS Pup. I ask all prospective Breeder if the Parents/Pup are tested for DM. It's not an expensive test & the only way to rule out DM in a Pup. Again, my prayers are with you.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:02 PM

FYI.
The DNA test for degenerative myeolpathy cannot rule out the disease! There is NO guarantee that a dog cannot get it!
The test's best D/M gene rating of "NN" is what every GSD owner wants to see but even that rating only means that the animal is at a very low risk for getting DM, but is not immune from it! In national studies done during the course of the DNA testing, two dogs rated "NN 's" actually developed degenerative myelopathy later on!
This horrific disease is very close to my heart as I lost four of my 4-legged and much loved soulmates to it. I allowed one of my girls to participate in two very legitimate clinical trials (New Zealand and U.S.A. based) and have learned that yes, in many cases you can put off the progression of the disease but that's all you can do. There is a D/M diet that boosts the immune system which can help stall the progression too but sadly, it's no cure. It works really well when combined with the amino peptide injections and the combo of amino carproic acid and n-cys liquids given every twelve hours. Research is key, which is why I allowed my sweet girl, Whitetoe to participate. She got almost two full years of TRUE quality life before quickly deteriorating and I had to let her go. Her mother and siblings were all gone in less than six months from onset. The difference? She was placed on the D/M diet and the trial drugs (all non toxic!) while they had not been on anything. Had I known about these options sooner, I would have enrolled every one of them as soon as the disease showed itself in them. One day they WILL find the cure and when they do? I will look up to the Heavens and say a big "thank you!" to my sweet souled and gentle Whitetoe for being so instrumental in helping the clinical teams find the cure! May you forever rest in peace my sweet baby girls...Akyah, Beebee, Whitetoe and Chikin!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 11:22 AM

Seriously?!!!! $8.00 for a single dog tag?

I am a former Marine Corps Sgt and I can tell you for a FACT that is a COMPLETE rip off. You can get a single dog tag made at a local Army Navy store with engraving for about $0.10 and a package containing a pair of silencers with the chains should not run you more than $1.50. So please explain to me why this is more than 400% more expensive for what clearly looks like a standard dog tag.

Not to mention having had to wear those duty belts I would not suggest anyone buy those...
1) extended wearing of those belts rubs your waist raw. Trust me I've worn these for 8-12 hour duty shifts and have come out with my waist line look like a solid sunburn. That is wearing these things on top of my duty uniform. The webbing is a very hard and allows for VERY little bend and movement.

2) Those metal parts on most of those belts get worn out way to easily and become flimsy as crap.

I wouldn't recommend any of these products; especially because I've used this stuff personally on my body and the fact that it is overpriced like crazy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page