Pikoda.com - Personalized Collars & Leashes - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Master Member

Send a message via MSN to VomBlack
Are you able to do martingales where they just slip over? with no chain or buckle? And for names do you charge extra for long names? Really consiering a martingale for Odin's upcoming agility classes.

Kelli Black &
Bianka "Shade" v. Littlehaus (2/2/11)
Wodanaz "Odin" BH, CD, RE, TT, CGC, TDI, OFA H/E (2/13/09)

"Utility is the true criterion of beauty."
- Captain Max von Stephanitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Crowned Member

Akbar and his new collar

Akbar 6 years
Isa 10 years
post #33 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to KohleePiper
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbgsd View Post
Akbar and his new collar

He looks so handsome!!!!!!

Jessica

Diesel - GSD Sable 09/2008
Kohlee - Belgian Groenendael 02/2007
Piper - Pit/GSD mix 08/2006

post #34 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VomBlack View Post
Are you able to do martingales where they just slip over? with no chain or buckle? And for names do you charge extra for long names? Really consiering a martingale for Odin's upcoming agility classes.

Yes, I can make them without the buckle and chains too. I need to add that option on my site... thanks for reminding me!

No I don't charge extra. I allow 30 characters of room.

Jessica

post #35 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 12:48 PM

Hey there, I have a question/suggestion: Do you make prong collar covers???

I've been wanting to get one but I have a few issues with the ones I've seen. For instance, they only seem to come in a set length, so what happens if you had to adjust the length of the prong collar? It wouldn't fit! Also, they don't appear to be made for unhooking the prongs to take the collar on and off (like you're supposed to) because you can't do so with the cover on.

I've been trying to make one out of an old nylon collar of Tazer's, but don't have any velcro to finish it... I was going to make it in 2 pieces and have them overlap with velcro between, that way you can pull it open at that point to unhook the collar. Does that make any sense???

I don't even know if you're a fan of prong collars, but I'd thought I'd ask. I've been wanting one because people automatically think "ferocious dog" when they see a GSD and then the prong collar only makes it look like I have an uncontrollable beast, when the truth is that I'm a tiny lady with a big, young dog that I need to be able to keep in line. And having one with his name on it would be even cooler!
post #36 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namara View Post
Hey there, I have a question/suggestion: Do you make prong collar covers???

I've been wanting to get one but I have a few issues with the ones I've seen. For instance, they only seem to come in a set length, so what happens if you had to adjust the length of the prong collar? It wouldn't fit! Also, they don't appear to be made for unhooking the prongs to take the collar on and off (like you're supposed to) because you can't do so with the cover on.

I've been trying to make one out of an old nylon collar of Tazer's, but don't have any velcro to finish it... I was going to make it in 2 pieces and have them overlap with velcro between, that way you can pull it open at that point to unhook the collar. Does that make any sense???

I don't even know if you're a fan of prong collars, but I'd thought I'd ask. I've been wanting one because people automatically think "ferocious dog" when they see a GSD and then the prong collar only makes it look like I have an uncontrollable beast, when the truth is that I'm a tiny lady with a big, young dog that I need to be able to keep in line. And having one with his name on it would be even cooler!
Sorry it took me so long to respond...been busy!!

Anyways, this is not a product I currently offer but I can certainly understand the functionality of it! I am a fan of prong collars when used correctly and this would be a great new product for me to develop. If you give me a couple of days to make one and test it I will offer it soon! I will PM you more details.

Jessica

post #37 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Master Member

I'd be interested in seeing that prong sample too Jessica.
THanks!!

~ Leigh ~
Volunteer Coordinator
Southeast German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ava LaRue GSD 3/2/10
Chewy Shih Tzu 1/9/04
Toby Shih Tzu 12/26/07
Abby 18 yr old Lab R.I.P.
post #38 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLaRue View Post
I'd be interested in seeing that prong sample too Jessica.
THanks!!
Me too. I'd be interested in getting one for Kamahi, since I have that same problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namara View Post
I've been wanting one because people automatically think "ferocious dog" when they see a GSD and then the prong collar only makes it look like I have an uncontrollable beast, when the truth is that I'm a tiny lady with a big, young dog that I need to be able to keep in line. And having one with his name on it would be even cooler!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kamahi ~ 5 year old Black/red GSD

Tosca ~ 4 year old Black/tan GSD

Iorek "Tamaska von Schöne Stadt" ~ 3 year old Black sable GSD

Mafia "Mafia Daniel Bohemia" ~ Sable GSD Pup
post #39 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Here is a nylon prong cover collar I designed today... it's pretty neat! You can't see the prongs...it actually resembles a martingale collar with the hidden control!

Here's the examples:

Jessica

post #40 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 07:14 PM

The sample looks awesome! The way you did the velcro is different than other ways I've seen - I like it. So are you able to unhook the prongs with this?? It looks like it... is that why the cover isn't quite flush on the one end? (like I said in my original post, other covers don't appear to be made so that you can do that).

Here are a few pics of what a cover usually looks like:
http://black-russian-terrier-dog-bre...-protector.jpg

http://www.allk-9.com/bmz_cache/9/98...ge.246x320.jpg

See what I mean? I can't imagine that you can easily get under the collar to undo those strips to lift up the cover to get to the prongs...

My only possible suggestion (please take no offense, it looks great!) would be maybe have one or two of those strips like in the above pics as a "just in case" the velcro doesn't hold from the collar flexing underneath it so the cover doesn't fall off. But then again, it might be plenty secure without it - it's hard to tell from a picture.

And your dog's coloring and patterning looks a lot like my dog's - I had to do a double take. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page