German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Germanshepherds.com Forum Support Help Desk (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/germanshepherds-com-forum-support-help-desk/)
-   -   Threads are backwards...why? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/germanshepherds-com-forum-support-help-desk/469049-threads-backwards-why.html)

-Trooper- 07-10-2014 10:15 AM

Threads are backwards...why?

I'm trying to figure out why the threads are backwards? I saw there was another thread on this topic and I saw some great questions that were not answered and the thread is now locked. I'm guessing it's locked because every post is a new member saying theyre going crazy. Here's the question I'm hoping to get answered by the Admin Shepherds. Why do you have the site set up like this? As others have said in the other thread it is completely user unfriendly. I understand how to fix it but what still puzzles me is why are you leaving up to new members to correct the site? I'm guessing your losing a lot of new members to this issue before they find a fix due to frustration. If this is something out of the norm in the forum world I would think you would leave it to the minority of those that prefer it backwards to figure out how to set up their threads backwards vs leaving it to the new members.

woogyboogy 07-10-2014 11:03 AM

Go to User CP> Settings & Options> Edit Options> Scroll Down to Thread Display Options> Thread Display Mode> Linear - Oldest First :)

woogyboogy 07-10-2014 11:03 AM

Also make sure you click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.

Psalm 23 07-10-2014 12:48 PM

Good question @Trooper- I was wondering the same thing; btw, I see we both recently made the plunge with new puppies:laugh:. Hope all is well!

thanks for the answer @woogyboogy

SuperG 07-10-2014 01:03 PM

Most current response is first.....to some that may not be backwards....

However, if you do not sign in and go to "active topics" the threads will all be in chronological order.

SuperG

shepherds 07-10-2014 02:25 PM

The forum is defaulted to show the threads with the most recent activity first. Every time a thread has a new post in it, it will move the thread to the top in terms of order when you are searching in a particular forum area. This is a a standard practice in MANY (if not all) online forum communities. It's been the practice here for years and there's no plans on changing that as a site-wide default. As someone suggested above, you are welcome to make your own change in the user control panel.

lalachka 07-10-2014 03:13 PM

I think the op is talking about the posts inside the thread, not the threads themselves. Which I also wondered about. I didn't see that on any other forum.

The most active threads on top is common on all forums. But not the post order

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

-Trooper- 07-10-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalachka (Post 5757585)
I think the op is talking about the posts inside the thread, not the threads themselves. Which I also wondered about. I didn't see that on any other forum.

The most active threads on top is common on all forums. But not the post order

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Thank you. You are correct.

-Trooper- 07-10-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psalm 23 (Post 5757025)
Good question @Trooper- I was wondering the same thing; btw, I see we both recently made the plunge with new puppies:laugh:. Hope all is well!

thanks for the answer @woogyboogy

Yes I was looking at your beauty last night. I like the sleeping pic :). You both are very lucky to have found each other.

owens91 07-10-2014 09:42 PM

ahh glad i came across this this was a bit annoying thanks for the fix