German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Germanshepherds.com Forum Support Help Desk (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/germanshepherds-com-forum-support-help-desk/)
-   -   This forum (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/germanshepherds-com-forum-support-help-desk/394586-forum.html)

alexg 01-11-2014 01:28 PM

This forum
 
Have never seen a forum where the threads get closed so fast, so often, seems like on the whim...

misslesleedavis1 01-11-2014 01:29 PM

what do you mean? i have not run into a closed thread and im still learning the forum politics.

onyx'girl 01-11-2014 01:32 PM

Because some threads go south and the admin has to clean up the nasty posts...so all you see on a closed thread is the nice stuff.
And there is always the new poster that likes to stir things up and push until they get banned.

misslesleedavis1 01-11-2014 01:34 PM

Well, there is a few people that do come across as judgmental, non helpful and rude, then again all is fair in internet land i guess.

Cassidy's Mom 01-11-2014 01:34 PM

I'm sorry if it seems that way to you. Threads are never closed on a whim, and as long as everyone plays nice, they are allowed to continue. When they degenerate to the point where numerous post edits or deletes are necessary, or warnings need to be given, then a thread is locked. The mods and admins are unpaid volunteers, and we simply don't have time to monitor and clean up threads that are going downhill fast.

alexg 01-11-2014 01:58 PM

I just think with so many people posting it is unavoidable to run into the post/poster you (generic you) might not like. There is an option to add that poster to the ignore list, or skip the post/entire thread and move on. We don't have to reply and answer every post, even the one that we think might be pointed at us.

onyx'girl 01-11-2014 02:07 PM

There has been a couple recent threads where a poster should have been banned, but there was such a clean up in the thread that poster got away with not showing what really occurred. Admin should not have to babysit the ones that come on to make trouble, they should just boot them out instead of cleaning up after them.
And this particular poster was doing it to almost every person, twisting the replys for his own amusement to get hackles up.

Cassidy's Mom 01-11-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexg (Post 4814410)
I just think with so many people posting it is unavoidable to run into the post/poster you (generic you) might not like. There is an option to add that poster to the ignore list, or skip the post/entire thread and move on. We don't have to reply and answer every post, even the one that we think might be pointed at us.

I agree, but people still do. :shrug: And that's when things go to crap!

misslesleedavis1 01-11-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyx'girl (Post 4814506)
There has been a couple recent threads where a poster should have been banned, but there was such a clean up in the thread that poster got away with not showing what really occurred. Admin should not have to babysit the ones that come on to make trouble, they should just boot them out instead of cleaning up after them.
And this particular poster was doing it to almost every person, twisting the replys for his own amusement to get hackles up.

Lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

alexg 01-11-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom (Post 4814546)
I agree, but people still do. :shrug: And that's when things go to crap!

But sometimes that crap is funny. We all should lighten up a bit.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2