No delete, edit? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Catu, you do very well, I think you are very well spoken compared to many posters who live in the US!

me jane...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wild View Post
You can edit or delete within 10 minutes. After that you cannot.

It is set that way to prevent people from going back and changing their posts once discussion has moved on. Too many times people have changed their stories if someone didn't agree with them, or simply made a thread confusing by altering posts.

There is no where else in life where you can say something and then take it back or completely change it later, and thus this setting on the forum. People need to think about what they are saying before they post, and a 10 minute window to change their minds if they wish they hadn't said something is more than sufficient.
I thought that was why message boards have a quote feature. I just found a post I made that auto correct changed a spelling, and I cannot correct it.

However, had there been a heated discussion, someone can quote the post and the author cannot change the quote, ensuring the first message stays intact.

Frustating, it is.
itisdieter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisdieter View Post
However, had there been a heated discussion, someone can quote the post and the author cannot change the quote, ensuring the first message stays intact.
Exactly! That's the reason there is only a 10 min limit. You'll see we Mods also get stuck, I can't tell you how many typos I see after the 10 min and know they have to stay....
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisdieter View Post
I thought that was why message boards have a quote feature. I just found a post I made that auto correct changed a spelling, and I cannot correct it.

Frustating, it is.
That would only work if the person happened to quote and respond to the post before the original person could delete it or edit it. That isn't always the case, and many people don't use the quote function and just reply. It's easier that way and keeps things more concise.

I don't understand why it is frustration. People should think before they post and not put something out there that they don't want out there forever. In real life we can't take back things we say. Once they leave the mouth they are out of our control. There is no reason the same can't apply to things said on a message board.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Since I use to keep open several windws at the same time it has happened to me that I have answered a post in the wrong thread, but not noticed until later. It was as simple as copy my own post, put it on the wright place and ask a moderator to delete the wrong one, and they have done it. If you really made a mistake, people understand.

On a side note, this is a very active forum, so if you don't want a key word being on the first results of a Google search... don't post it here.
Catu's Pack
Catu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

Holy crap LOL i wrote this thread in 2010! Good to see you all again lol =) I was busy doing a million things. Planning a wedding, building a house, going back to school, starting a new company.... too much! LOL.

Anyway, i still have my same original problem... i type too fast and dont read... sometimes causing me to not make sense LOL.

Good to see you all again! Ill post some updated pics of my girl.
Cats: Capone, Bugsy and Bonnie
Navah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.