German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Genetic Issues (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/genetic-issues/)
-   -   breeding black an tan with a white??? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/genetic-issues/412834-breeding-black-tan-white.html)

Laneg 02-18-2014 02:18 PM

breeding black an tan with a white???
 
How unfavorable would the pups be?

misslesleedavis1 02-18-2014 04:13 PM

I googled that, alot of those panda types popped up. Who knows,

Castlemaid 02-18-2014 04:20 PM

What do you mean by unfavorable?

Liesje 02-18-2014 04:21 PM

White is a masking gene, not a true color, so it would depend on what color the white dog is beneath the white and also the colors of the dogs' parents.

Jax08 02-18-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 (Post 5044682)
I googled that, alot of those panda types popped up. Who knows,

Breeding a b/t to a white does not create a Panda. Panda's are a genetic mutation.

Read what Lies said above on the white masking gene.

misslesleedavis1 02-18-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax08 (Post 5044858)
Breeding a b/t to a white does not create a Panda. Panda's are a genetic mutation.

Read what Lies said above on the white masking gene.

lol, i did not research it, i just plugged it into google images :)

Should have come with a disclaimer,

Do not take my googling images seriously :)

SuperG 02-18-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laneg (Post 5044194)
How unfavorable would the pups be?


What is your goal in this particular breeding ??


SuperG

Laneg 02-19-2014 12:37 PM

We have a black and tan female and we were approached by the owners of a white shepherd about mating. I did a little research about the whites but was wondering about the coloring of the black an tan, would it just dull the black out? Make more of a sable? Would the mating make these dogs less wanted because of color issues?

my boy diesel 02-19-2014 12:49 PM

what would make them less wanted
is lack of health testing
and lack of titles
not their colors
unless you are just breeding
because she has a uterus and he has testicles
then you could sell them into pet homes
fairly easily i guess

hunterisgreat 02-19-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laneg (Post 5049562)
We have a black and tan female and we were approached by the owners of a white shepherd about mating. I did a little research about the whites but was wondering about the coloring of the black an tan, would it just dull the black out? Make more of a sable? Would the mating make these dogs less wanted because of color issues?

A homozygous dog of normal color paired with a white GSD always produces full colored puppies because the e allele is recessive.

Your dog is black and tan. It will produce all black and tan puppies. Sable is not possible. The puppies will be black and tan, or the dam's recessive allele if she is not homozygous. SO, possible outcomes not knowing her recessive allele are black and tan most likely, possibility of bicolor, black, and white... not positive about black as an a (black gene) + e (white gene) combo... not sure which would express


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2