Anal Fistula - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Healing

My German suffered with fistulas for a long time.
No treatment worked at all. I heard about colloidal silver spray and thought
I'd give that a try. It is available at most health food stores. I sprayed it on the fistulas twice daily and now two months later they are completely healed. Please try this if your dog has these fistulas. It truly works miraculously. It is not expensive and all natural. I swear, this works.
mrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #22 (permalink)

Were your GSD's fistulas under control when you tried the Colloidal silver spray?
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

We are new to PF's as our 9-year-old GSD, Charli, was just diagnosed a few weeks ago. We started the Cyclosporine/antibiotic/antifungal treatment approximately 2 weeks ago. We are also curious about how diet plays into this. Any information on websites, forums, etc...would be helpful!
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

Default Treatment

My beautiful shepherd has suffered with this for a long time and I came to the decision that I either had to get something that worked or I would have to put him down as he was in so much pain.
Will I found something that works !!!! I have been using an antibiotic called Cephalexin. I started him off on a 1000 mg a day for a week and then 500 mg a day. Also with the antibiotic I apply desitin on him every night. I had to apply it twice a day in the beginning He has gone from a dog that would cry every time he had to poop to almost completing pain free.
This will be a life long treatment plan but it does work and it is not expensive
Kriskir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2014, 03:29 AM   #25 (permalink)

Hi. My gsd has the same fistula issue,on prednisone and has had the same antibiotics u xplained which he did well on. Vet wants me to go onto a hyperallergenic dog food. He was on royal canine gsd adult but he's being getting diareah which is irritating the fistula even more. When he does get a firm stool he tend to yelp/whine which is so dis heartning as I feel so helpless.
Would otocleanse work to help keep the area clean or would it sting.
Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated
nzhuntahr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014, 12:10 AM   #26 (permalink)

My 4yr. old male, was on Cyclosprine and threw up every meal. He is now on Azathioprine 2 1/2 50mg tabs (once a day) & Prednisone 1 1/2 20mg tab a day. HUGE improvement in ONE week. First time he has wagged his tail in 7mos! He is eating Nature's Recipe Salmon & Sweet Potatoe dry dog food. He is finally healing. VERY smart vet, he was on Animal Planet f/ a year! ("Who's Who") vet. Vet is God sent! He has saved GSD's quality of life. Try these meds & this food. He is going to recover.
My best friend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #27 (permalink)

My vet was on Animal Planet for a year. He's on the "Who's Who" vet list! He switched my GSD to Nature's Recipe Salmon & Sweet Potatoe. He is on Azathioprine & Prednisone. First time I've seen him wag his tail in 7mos! My boy is healing! Pet Smart or Petco carry this brand. My "tail" is wagging again also!
Old 04-06-2014, 12:20 AM   #28 (permalink)

My GSD threw up every meal on this med. He is now on Azathioprine & Prednisone. Vet was on Animal Planet for a year. He's the "Big Guns" of vets. He switched us to Nature's Recipe Salmon & Sweet Potatoe dry dog food. He is healing. First time his tail has wagged in 7mos! I am "on cloud nine" to get my boy's spirit back.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:25 AM   #29 (permalink)

My GSD is on Azthioprine 2 1/2 50mg tab (once a day) & Prednisone 1 1/2 20mg tab (once a day) Both totaled $120.00 f/a month supply. Switched to Nature's Recipe Salmon & Sweet Potatoe dry food. He is healing! After 7mos, he is wagging his tail. Me too!l My vet was on Animal Planet for a year. Extremely smart and a God send!
Old 04-06-2014, 12:28 AM   #30 (permalink)

YES! My GSD is eating Nature's Recipe Salmon & Potato. Excellent, no bi products. Vet from Animal Planet suggested it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.