German Shepherds Forum banner

Peeing machine

934 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  LuvShepherds 
#1 ·
Hurricane is 10 weeks now and I swear has a bladder the size of a golf ball. Lol

He can hold it at night for about 3-3 1/2 hours but if I don't get up in time he goes in his crate and ends up laying in it.

I know bathing him too frequently can dry him out. Any suggestions on how to give him a bath to get the smell out without drying him out? I've tried just water and it helped but could still smell it some.

#2 ·
I know you don't want to hear this, but as young as he is, you probably need to set your alarm to go off every couple of hours so you'll definitely wake up to take him out. It's hard to potty train when you can't get up in enough time to get him outside to go.
These puppies are pretty darn smart, so potty/crate training can go pretty quickly as long as you're consistent. :)

#5 ·
It has been a while since I had a puppy, but, I remember getting up several times a night to let him out. He never peed in the crate as a result. Last call was at about 11, then I would get up at 2 AM and 5AM. We did this till he was about 13 weeks. Down side is that since then, he gets up around 5 and starts to pace. I haven't been able to sleep in since we got him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.