German Shepherds Forum banner

New Puppy and Questions

937 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  semcat66 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm excited to be here. I've been reading and reading and decided I would share.

This is our new puppy Ruger. DOB: 01/01/17 I have several pictures of him changing from birth until now. I'm wondering a few things.

1. Will he get his dark coat back again?
2. When should I expect that other ear to pop up
3. Do you think he is a plush coat?

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes. He will end up closest to his birth color when he is finished. Thecsables go through lots of changes and some get super light as they shed out their puppy coat. But it will come back.

And I think he is a plush coat based on his ear floofies!

Most important, he is sooooooo stinking cute!!! OMG!!!!

Have fun, take loads of pictures, and enjoy his crazy puppy antics!!

Welcome!!

#3 ·
Thank you @GSDar, I just love him. His name is Ruger and he is stinking cute. I can't stand it. I'm traveling this week and I'm sure I'm going to have withdrawls. I've been taking picture of him every week to watch him change and the breeder gave us pics each week when they were born.

I'm going to have him be a therapy dog. He just so sweet.

#4 ·
His ears may very well dance until he is done teething. I am sure they both will be up by then at least as one ear is already up.
Reminder: they all are cute at this age :) Just keep the land shark stage in mind so you don't have to freak out when he is a few weeks older and you don't recognize your sweet fluff ball anymore. But some never go through that. Anyways, there is always help here.
Enjoy your pup, he is very good looking already. He will be stunning as an adult. Hope you won't neuter him in his first two years, if ever. Plenty of info here on the forum about that too.

#6 ·
Thanks everyone.

We have a nine year old GSD and I just neutered him because he was have a prostate issue. I've never had any 'bad habits' from him. I know our breeder said to wait until two years old too but the vet about came unglued when I said that.

He goes to puppy class starting next week and then to basic training at the end of April. I always feel its never to early to get them listening.

#8 ·
I know our breeder said to wait until two years old too but the vet about came unglued when I said that.

I would not let my vet do a pediatric neuter. Research neutering here and online and you will find a lot of information to take to your vet. If he still comes unglued I would personally find a new vet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.