German Shepherds Forum banner

Long Coat vs Plush Stock Coat

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  kimbale 
#1 ·
It's so hard to tell with puppy fluff!! Hopefully someone more familiar with coat types can tell me? I was leaning more towards stock just because of his dad's coat, but Credence is sooo fuzzy I'm not sure anymore!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like he could be a long stock coat, but I'm not sure. His dad's coat really doesn't matter, all of my coaties (3 so far) were out of stock coat parents that carried the recessive gene. Most of their siblings were stock coat.

Reactions: ksotto333
#3 ·
How old? With longcoats you can usually tell a difference when you put them next to their stock coat siblings. Also, along around 4-6 weeks they'll get what almost looks like a mohawk (long hair standing up between the ears.)

Longcoats can come out of stock coat parents if one of them carries the gene. The longcoat pup I'm picking up in a few weeks came out of two stock coats.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Thanks! I think he's about five weeks in the picture where he's being held and eight weeks in the one in the cart in my first post. Here are some pictures with his litter mates though they're pretty young here.

He's the one furthest away from camera here.

And the black puppy at the top of the picture here. You can kind of see the difference between the two black puppies in this one, the female had a much shorter coat than my boy.

#9 ·
I definitely think he'll have a longer coat. He'll be a floof! So cute!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.