German Shepherds Forum banner

Puppy coat changes.

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  KaiserAus 
#1 ·
Hi guys I posted this in another section but couldn't get any response so here is my question to all of you since Im a first time gsd owner:

I am a little concerned about my pup Oscar. I got him when he was about a month old and had a shiny smooth black coat with typical brown legs. He's now nearing 2.5 months and has a light brown "chocolate" or cocoa kind of coat. Its definitely not liver, its just dark coffee-ish if I can explain it that way. The first two pictures are the color he was when I got him. The last one is the coat he has had for the past 12-15 days. If you look closely, the fur has gone from shiny black to dark brownish.I'm just wondering is this normal? I am a first time gsd owner and my vet says he'll turn out to be black and tan eventually but I just wanted to get your views thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Hamza, they let you take the puppy way too young. He's missed out nutritionally and emotionally from what he should have gotten from his mother as well as his littermates. Has he been to a vet? I think you need to take him to a vet and follow what the vet says. He has no muscle mass he should be building and is not getting the nutrients he needs from what can be seen in a picture. Please keep us updated as to how he is doing. The color changes are normal.

#7 ·
I actually kind of rescued him. Its a long story. Im giving him britcare lamb and rice for pups. The picture just appears that way because i took it at an odd moment when he was jumping around. I regularly get him checked by the vet and he's growing quickly. He is 5kgs now and has gained that in literally no time.

He doesn't really exhibit any kind of weakness as such. He jumps and runs like crazy. I will be increasing his food intake now but when I give him too much he kind of bloats and poops a lot. I will post more pictures in a few days. I am glad at least the coat color is not an issue. Thank you to all of you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.