German Shepherds Forum banner

After Morning Food

746 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Kyrielle 
#1 ·
After eating in the morning what is your routine with your puppy? Right now I try to get her to chew something(bully stick, toy, marrow bone) till her food settles so I can get her some exercise. Lately it has been 50/50 if she actually chews on it or not and she has a lot of energy in the morning.

#3 ·
Enya goes out first thing and then gets breakfast. After breakfast she goes out again and then just follows me around for a while, playing with toys, chewing if she wants, then back out to potty and then quick training lesson and then her foster brother goes out to potty and they play for a while. Generally after that she takes a nap. Then out to potty and back in to do the same of following me or playing.

#4 ·
Maybe I'm overthinking it. I'll let her roam outside, play a little, and chew if she wants till I can burn her energy. Even after exercise when I know she's tired, she will still fight going to sleep and I end up having to crate her so she will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.