German Shepherds Forum banner

Suggestions on puppy/youth dog insurance in Canada?

523 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JunYue97 
#1 ·
Hello GSD community,

So I am thinking of getting my 10 weeks old puppy an insurance, and would like some feedbacks from you guys' experiences regarding how frequently puppies get sick, the average cost for your treatments, how bad financially can a puppy's sickness get ($5000 max?), and any suggestions on Canadian pet insurance company.

Our backgrounds for personal suggestions:
- My puppy is female and I plan on spaying her around 15months (she won't be a mother)
- She is 10 weeks according to breeder and 9 weeks according to my vet but is currently only 12 lbs
- Her father is 7 and mother is 3, both of their hips came out good. Nothing else has been tested except hips tho
- She always eats less than she should according to her weight(she is eating Fromm LB Puppy food)
- She lives in a high floor apartment and won't ever live outdoor except she decides to sleep in the balcony in the future
- She likes to drink water and eat random stuff on the ground outside
- She gets exercise from jogging/playing with me in a 400 acres park with a decent off-leash area nearby, and she will swim in lake ontario (we live right by the lake and the park, and they seem pretty clean:)
- She will hike with me to remote areas that might have infected wild lives during vacations
- I am pretty certain we will move to the states within 5 years (I am in tech industry) and will probably switch plan at that point, so a life-long support plan is not needed

Currently I am looking at Trupanion, PetPlan, PetSecure, and PetPlusUs, and I am seeking advice on deciding what kind of plan might benefit my puppy.

Good day and thanks in advance,
J

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.