German Shepherds Forum banner

There goes my savings..

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Henricus 
#1 ·
As any pup, mine likes to redecorate and restyle my stuff every once and a while. Jeans are obviously far prettier with a nice big hole in it, photographs are better faced down and wooden chairs are.... chewable. But until today, he hadn't "destroyed" anything of high value.

This morning I asked my sister to keep an eye on Madoc, as I wanted to take a shower. I return 15min later, seeing my sister watching a tv series on her laptop and my pup super happy with my glasses (which was left on the highest table we have). She thought he was chewing on his rawhide bone.

I have astigmatism, so my lenses are a bit more expensive. And he unfortunately not only restyled the frame, but also made some nice little holes and cuts in the glass.. They are still wearable, but it's like looking through dirty oily glasses.

What has your dog managed to "destroy"?

#2 ·
Oh no!Our dogs have destroyed hubby's glasses,money from his wallet,my slippers,the ends of many shoelaces,the skirt around the bottom of a chair.The worst was the cover of my Woodstock album,first edition and much loved by me:(

#3 ·
My boy Ike (RIP) was a jerk. Best dog ever, but a very bad dog. Usually things got destroyed because he was trying to get a toy. He dug a manhole sized hole in my mattress, and ripped the front off my couch, all trying to get his toy. He also tried to widen the cat door hole so he could fit through it, open bathroom doors and riffled through the drawers.

I loved every single thing about that dog. His hijinks were the fodder for my FB and my heart still breaks when I think of him.

Enjoy the badness. Perfect dogs are boring.

#5 ·
I feel bad for laughing when reading your posts, I read them out loud to my family. :D
I am keeping my expensive stuff hidden for him from now on.
And about that Woodstock album.. I just remembered my mother has a copy of a book her grandfather wrote, one with annotations by pen he himself made 40 years ago. It's in the living room, but well in his reach. I'll be moving that, your mentioning has reminded me that some things are far more valuable than money.

#7 ·
My first GSD, Shadow (who was an absolute angel when he matured), as a young adolescent, chewed through a pine bed and ripped the side of the box-spring mattress open. That bed is now in the guest bedroom:grin2: , I still get a laugh when I see the chew marks, you'd think a werewolf bit through the wood!

My new cheeky-monkey, Phoenix got his paws up on the raised kitchen island, and while I mistakenly thought papers were safe up there, he managed to grab a blood test requisition and rip it to shreds in seconds. I taped it up as best I could and brought it into the clinic, the staff had a good laugh at my expense!

#8 ·
LOL, I had one that ATE both Beatles greatest hits 1 and 2 CDs. I guess he wasn't a fan.

And, I have tons of books, but I borrowed one about a German prison camp from my father. Of course, THAT was the one my pup decided to chew big holes in. I had to find a replacement on the internet.

Over the years, I have gotten better about managing the pups. Moofy did manage to spread my kitchen garbage around my living room thought. And Quinnie was busily taking articles of clothing out into the yard, when I left her out with access to her doggy door.

#10 ·
Nitro did this as a pup, big mistake getting new carpet before getting Nitro. I had it patched professionally, my husband still hasn't noticed. The following week I had the same carpet repairer out to re lay a different area I had to lift when Nitro emptied his drinking bucket. He had his bucket downsized to a bowl. Never have a drinking vessel any bigger than the size of puddle you can cope with.

#11 ·
The insoles of every pair of boots or shoes I have had since I got him. I know he will do it. But every once in a while I will slip up and leave my boots or shoes within reach and he will dig the insoles out and destroy them. I have tried training him out of it but he just does it with no regard. Until I walk in then he gets that look like BUSTED and he'll try and sneak slyly away.

#13 ·
When max was a pup the crate was not shut right and he got out and chewed the arm chair- . He never touched it again. All our pups chewed tiny holes in the corner of our couch pillows? Bella topper and max all as pups- they must of been super sweet.
Arm chair- looked like he licked the fabric till it shredded.
For now we just throw a throw blanket to cover it. Works for now.

Our back yard has lots of urine burns in certain areas as he just Pees All at once and grass gets ripped up from chasing the ball.

Attachments

#15 ·
Let's see. Newlie Destructo chewed up my dustpan and laundry basket (like that really hurt), two dog beds that had been my previous dog's, three footstools belonging to my husand, several foam mattress toppers that were mine, a hole in my couch, luckily old, and several screens on my screened porch.

Newlie's antics appeared to be largely temper tantrums, but this all took place when he was younger, he really hasn't done anything like this in a while. Well, with the exception one day recently he got his cone off and broke it, I had to tape it back together. But this is 7th week in a cone, so I don't blame him, I feel like destroying it myself.

#19 ·
Yeahhh ... Varik renovated the hallway, dug a hole in the wall, gnawed the baseboards. He also chewed on the corner of the aquarium stand (apparently in a fit of pique while laying by my husband's computer).

He's really been good for the past two years ... as long as you don't count drool on the couch and loveseat (thank goodness for treated microsuede).

#20 ·
This is funny.

Our two pups decided that our house is ugly with the carpets so they ate ALL the fringes and pooped them out. Resulting in us removing the carpets.

Chewed my glasses as well and the look they give us when we take the "fun inappropriate toys" away from them is priceless.

Chewed and pawed the hallway wallpaper obviously not up to their standard or something. Weve got different tastes lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.