German Shepherds Forum banner

Newest member of the family!

5K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  audrienco 
#1 ·
Here is our newest puppy Serena. We got her from a breeder in Illinois and absolutely loved her at first sight. She's growing up so fast and already gained +10lbs in just 1 month! I thought I'd document her growth and share her progress as she grows up...

First day home, Serena @ 8 weeks:

Getting along with her sister (8 weeks) :

10 weeks old:

And today she's 12 weeks old! Those ears!

Tricks she's learned so far: potty bells (potty trained at 9 weeks, phew), sit, stay, lay down, leave it, head down, and shake :)

While I can't wait to watch her grow up, it also bittersweet.

Thanks for allowing me to share!

See less See more
#7 ·
She is lovely---also looks happy and healthy! :)

#9 ·
Thanks everyone, glad to hear she looks healthy, at the doctor yesterday for her 16 week check up she weighed 30 lbs. Seemed a bit low for her, but we don't under feed her.

I love a good side by side photo:

W her big sis (Shepherd / pit bull mix unknown?)

#20 ·
Thank you everyone!!

haha - her ears keep growing just as much as she is... I'm loving it!

What breeder if you don't mind me asking...
Our breeder we found on AKC.org from Illinois. They had a website posted which seems to be a new domain now and not sure if they will have any future litters --> but feel free to check it out here: All Around Gymnastics Website - Ziva and Tony's Pups Ziva and Tony have beautiful pups, I really recommend them!

Your dogs look amazing! :)

If you don't mind, could you please post her weight at different times?
Thank you! Hmm.. let me try to access my best memory here for weights..
at 8 weeks she was ~12? lbs
at 16 weeks she was ~30 lbs
at 25 weeks she was ~45 lbs
at 7 months she is now ~55 lbs

#21 ·
She is adorable! Beautiful girl you have there! Thanks for posting the weights too - we get our little guy in 2 weeks and I am excited to see his progress as well. Congrats on your gorgeous girl!!!

** Hoping I am as lucky as you with the potty trained at 9 weeks! That would be wonderful! We will work hard at that from day one!

#26 ·
Serena is almost 1 year old (born 1/24/16)! She's been such a fun, smart, and crazy puppy... I'm almost not ready to watch the puppy days fade away! Here's a few progress photos of her since we haven't updated in quite a while.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.