Recognize and embrace those not so crazy days - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Recognize and embrace those not so crazy days

When it seems like he will always and forever be a puppy with those sharp teeth, non-listening radar devices, energy out the wazoo, the attention span of a gnat...etc etc etc. When you think...what have I gotten myself into?? You have a calm, oh so relaxing day. Its a day that you should recognize and cherish. Know that it is fleeting at this stage of life but embrace it, enjoy it and recharge.

I've been at my wits end this last few days with Henry (aka HankTheTank). More so to do with my frame of mind than anything else. He is, after all, a German Shepherd puppy. He can't be anything else.

But today, I had my day of reprieve. Did he feel that I needed this? Not a chance. But it was here and I am so enjoying it. I can forget the war wounds, I can put aside that his ears aren't actually functional, I have temporarily forgotten that he chomped on my scarred ankle, accidentally of course. A day where he has not chosen to chew on the carpet, knock over the end table and lamp, drink from my coffee cup as he mastered jumping up into my recliner, slip my phone off the table, steal my purse off of a chair, attempt to nibble on my spinning wheel or steal my knitting. Today .... today I will embrace the peace and serenity of a calm puppy.

Tomorrow is another day, but today...it was the break that I needed. I have recharged and ready to face...HankTheTank.
Attached Thumbnails
Recognize and embrace those not so crazy days-2015-04-01-18.15.08.jpg  
WhimsicalRain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

But he looks so innocent
dogma13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I know the feeling...and the sweetness of puppyhood definitely outweighs the naughty antics. I wish the 10-20 week stage would last for at least 6 months, it is so fun. Though, spilling wine on my laptop keyboard, getting me up early when the birds start in, and trying to keep you from eating the deck is just a memory....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15

Last edited by onyx'girl; 04-01-2015 at 10:00 PM.
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

After it's over and the puppy stuff ends, it's missed. All of the sudden they grow up and the calmness is a welcomed break, but then you think, that wasn't so bad
Old 04-02-2015, 12:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

It will be bitter sweet...although It will be nice to not wake up 3 times in one night to let him out to pee only for him to be so distracted eating bugs that he forgets that he needed to....*eye roll* I will be so sad when he grows up, I never thought it would be so cool to watch a dog grow and learn. They are just little adorable (biting) sponges.
wick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 06:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

all too soon you'll look back and wonder what happened to your tiny little puppy. You'll realize that you don't have arms that look like you've been hugging barbed wire. But take heart, you may soon have a full grown dog who decides that if he brings you your slipper and you don't notice, he might as well pass time chewing on that slipper.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma13 View Post
But he looks so innocent
They always LOOK innocent...
SteelHelix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 07:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The way I figure it I'll alwsys have a puppy with my youngest golden, I don't foresee him ever growing up
Old 04-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

This thread gave me a good chuckle. Thanks for the helpful perspective!
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2ner View Post
You'll realize that you don't have arms that look like you've been hugging barbed wire.
I got a good laugh out of that one line! You described my arms perfectly!
OkieDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.