German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Neighbor's new GSD puppy (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/482409-neighbors-new-gsd-puppy.html)

SuperG 08-23-2014 02:02 PM

Neighbor's new GSD puppy

2 Attachment(s)
My neighbor just brought her new puppy home a few days ago and what a treat for me as well. This little gal is just over 8 weeks and a keeper for sure.

I immediately was impressed with this pup's ears...standing up completely all the time. All 3 of the GSDs I have had, put me through those "tense" days/months of wondering if their ears would stand properly or not. Well, this little gal's ears seem to be quite the opposite of what I experienced. I suppose they might fall when she teethes but since they are so strong at this age, I wonder if that will even happen?

It's so wonderful to have a GSD pup so close....this little gal seems so wonderful and has a great demeanor ...it will be fun watching her mature.

2 pics attached, showing that ears do stand up at such a young age...I know I have seen it before but it must be the exception to a degree.

SuperG

Moriah 08-23-2014 02:06 PM

What a cutie!! What's her name?

Ace GSD 08-23-2014 02:07 PM

so adorable... thats good for you so you get to play with puppies again w/o the responsibilities hehe

llombardo 08-23-2014 02:18 PM

I could only wish that one of my neighbors would get a GSD pup, it would save me from getting another one..... She is adorable:)

SuperG 08-23-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriah (Post 5937409)
What a cutie!! What's her name?

Phoebe.

SuperG

sarahp 08-23-2014 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What a fluffball! She looks huge, is that just the pictures? Oh my goodness I already want another one! All the fun of playing with a puppy but without the potty training and teething.
Atticus had one ear up at 6 weeks and by the time I picked him up at 8, they were both up and haven't gone down since and he's almost 4 months old!

carmspack 08-23-2014 02:32 PM

pup seems to be very large for "just over 8 weeks"

wish Phoebe good luck !

SuperG 08-23-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahp (Post 5937505)
What a fluffball! She looks huge, is that just the pictures? Oh my goodness I already want another one! All the fun of playing with a puppy but without the potty training and teething.
Atticus had one ear up at 6 weeks and by the time I picked him up at 8, they were both up and haven't gone down since and he's almost 4 months old!

My neighbor is not tall so that probably makes her look bigger...the pup does look older than some at that age but my girl was even bigger at that age...or just maybe more fluff since mine is a coat.

AHA !! another one of the lucky ones...both ears up at 2 months !! Good for you and Atticus.

SuperG

MichaelE 08-23-2014 05:40 PM

She's very cute.

ken k 08-23-2014 06:21 PM

shes a cutie, i like the tan on her nose