German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   How to exercise a lazy dog (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/469665-how-exercise-lazy-dog.html)

Airman1stclass 07-11-2014 04:04 PM

How to exercise a lazy dog

So i have a lazy dog. He barely like to play fetch. I mean he wont fetch forbno more than 15 mins. And he never brings the balk back. Only goes to a shady area.

misslesleedavis1 07-11-2014 04:08 PM

No way! i thought you bought from a breeder that bred spunky monkeys lol i am not sure how hot it is were u are but maybe he is telling you his little body cannot cope or ya he is just lazy or you are boring him lol

Sunflowers 07-11-2014 04:11 PM

Looked at your old posts. He has had Pano... perhaps you are expecting too much. 15 minutes fetch is a lot for a 6 month old who is prone to Pano.

Plus your temperatures are high 80s to low 90s. Dogs can't sweat. It may be way too hot for him. Get him a kiddie pool if you can.

misslesleedavis1 07-11-2014 04:17 PM

Oh ! scratch my post, yeah pano is pretty severe, 15 minutes is great.

simba405 07-11-2014 04:17 PM

My high drive dog will sometimes fetch his ball and jog over to any shade he can find and just stand there and look at me. Heat really zaps their energy. My full grown crazy ball drive dog couldn't fetch for more than 15 minutes in this weather.

How old is he now? What does the breeder say?

SuperG 07-11-2014 04:43 PM

If available....swimming.....

Mine goes and sits in the shade after about 15-20 minutes of frisbee as well....in the winter, she'll go all day.

So, instead of pushing during the summer with the fetch and frisbee, we go for a swim and she loves it...probably stay in the lake for hours. if I let her.

SuperG

Lilie 07-11-2014 04:52 PM

I have a crack dog that will go from 110 miles an hour to 0. When he stops, I know that I've pushed him too hard. I should quit before he does.

simba405 07-11-2014 05:04 PM

I will say that if the dog runs after the ball every time you throw it but just doesn't bring it back then it's not the dog but the training.

Airman1stclass 07-11-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 (Post 5763633)
No way! i thought you bought from a breeder that bred spunky monkeys lol i am not sure how hot it is were u are but maybe he is telling you his little body cannot cope or ya he is just lazy or you are boring him lol

Even the guy ive been training him with sais he is lazy. I think i got an odd one out the bunch.Cause this dog is not even close to what i expected him too be.

Airman1stclass 07-11-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflowers (Post 5763657)
Looked at your old posts. He has had Pano... perhaps you are expecting too much. 15 minutes fetch is a lot for a 6 month old who is prone to Pano.

Plus your temperatures are high 80s to low 90s. Dogs can't sweat. It may be way too hot for him. Get him a kiddie pool if you can.

My dog didnt have pano. I know the old post can be confusing. But ever since then he we never had another problem with him.