German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Sure we all love puppies but... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/469258-sure-we-all-love-puppies-but.html)

Ace GSD 07-10-2014 07:33 PM

Sure we all love puppies but...

Dont you wish your they are grown alrdy ?? Mine is turning 4 months in 2 days and i just cant wait for him to be big and handsome.

steve-sh 07-10-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace GSD (Post 5758610)
Dont you wish your they are grown alrdy ?? Mine is turning 4 months in 2 days and i just cant wait for him to be big and handsome.

happy 4 month for the little monster, mine will be 2 months next wednesday

LaRen616 07-10-2014 07:50 PM

Yes and no.

I loved when my Dalmatian was a little puppy, he'd sit in my lap, I carried him around, he would lay between my GSDs big paws and used to sit on my GSD too. :wub:

Now he's big. :( He still tries to sit in my lap but it's not the same. I can't carry him, I can barely lift him. He's too big to lay between my GSD's feet and he definitely cannot sit on him anymore.

I love how muscular he is, I do like his size for an adult dog and I can't wait to see him once he's filled out but I miss my little baby. :cry:

car2ner 07-10-2014 08:09 PM

Now that mine is 7 months old I get nostalgic about when he was 8 weeks old, small and fluffy. It is easy to forget the sharp puppy teeth, the having to have my eye on him every second, and going outside to potty every hour and a half.

llombardo 07-10-2014 08:28 PM

Once they get older you miss the puppy stuff:( I do my best to let them be puppy like as long as possible, because it goes by way to fast. I dread the day they will start getting gray on their beautiful faces and I would do anything I could to keep them feeling young.

dogfaeries 07-10-2014 10:28 PM

Russell has a big dog body, and a puppy brain.

I'm not a fan of this stage. He is SO obnoxious. Did I mention that he is OBNOXIOUS? I love him to death, and he gazes adoringly at me (seriously), but OMG.

Cara Fusinato 07-10-2014 10:44 PM

Hate, hate, hate puppies. I love the dogs they become but not the puppies. I don't like kittens either! Glad to have the big old fat lazy cat any day of the week.

zyppi 07-10-2014 10:50 PM

Nope, love every stage.

At four months, you're in prime training, bonding stage. Love the little guys!

HarleyTheGSD 07-11-2014 12:26 AM

I only like puppies when they're someone else's. ;)
When Varick was a pup, I couldn't wait until he grew up! I just wanted to work him, walk him, go on hikes, and do fun obstacles. I'm glad he's all grown up (two years old, almost grown up:rolleyes:). But I do sometimes miss being able to carry him around and have him cuddle in my arms or in my lap.

dogfaeries 07-11-2014 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyTheGSD (Post 5759882)
But I do sometimes miss being able to carry him around and have him cuddle in my arms or in my lap.

I'm pretty sure that Russell was never little. :p