German Shepherds Forum banner

How normal is this?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Tratkins 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have a 70lb female at 7 mo?? My girl was a rescue and we know her mother was quite large, we are unsure of the father. I just wondered if any of you guys might have a large girl. Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
this is a recent picture of her

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#3 ·
wow.... she weighs as much as Gunther does at almost a year. Now I wonder if Gunther is underweight?

#4 ·
I have a female from a large mother at 18 weeks she weighed 54 pounds... she is considerably younger than your girl bu I expect she will also be rather large at that age. She looks fantastic in the picture!!! :)

#5 ·
She is on the large side- weight wise for a female. But in the pic you posted looks good. I don't think my male will make it over 76 pounds - he's 4 years old but that's his normal. All grow and different rates and have different builds overall. Allow her to grow slow and steady - feed her a well balanced healthy diet - don't over feed and she will be fine:)

#10 ·
Yes! Our female was in the 60lb range at 6 months, 70lb range at 7 months and then slowed down about 8 - 9 months and stayed in the mid 80lb range until last year. She is 4 yrs old now and 90-91lbs. She gained a few pounds due to injury and exercise restriction, but not overweight according to the vet, but would prefer her leaner at 85lbs. So I'd estimate your female will be in the mid 80's also.

She is very cute!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.