German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   Eagerly Waiting for Puppy (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/463689-eagerly-waiting-puppy.html)

taytay 06-24-2014 01:55 PM

Eagerly Waiting for Puppy

After months of research, multiple breeder visits, and discussions and I have made a deposit on a Schraderhaus female that I will be picking up in the beginning of August. The litter was born June 9th and I am beyond excited. The last two weeks have gone by so slow and I am sure the next seven will as well too. I am not a first time GSD owner but this will be my first working line GSD so I have been in deep conversations with the breeder to ensure my family is matched with the correct litter (already done) and then ensuring we get the right pup. I went into the process not having a gender preference and taking the breeders recommendation. We were the #2 deposit on 4 females so you could say we have the #2 pick, but I am going to go with the girl that she thinks is best match for us.

We are interested in working her in some sort of nose work and am still wading through k9 Nose Works, AKC Tracking, IPO Tracking, and Search and Rescue. I've read conflicting opinions on the ability to do different styles of nose work but am talking to different trainers and nearby SAR teams and reading as much as possible learning about the differences and training requirements for each.

I am on this dang site everyday reading as much as possible to try to curb some of my eagerness. I impatiently refresh the litter page of the breeder hoping new pictures will be posted. My wife probably thinks I am crazy. I am not one who has a large understanding on pedigrees, and the history of certain lines but if anyone is curious, here it is.

Line-breeding for the progency of V Dino vom Schäferliesel and Ingka von Schraderhaus

Anyway, I just wanted to share with the forum.

Atika 06-24-2014 04:12 PM

How exciting!

sourdough44 06-26-2014 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds great! Our pup is just approaching 7 months.

You have time, but could lay up a few supplies. A crate is almost essential. We have a few, smaller to start, large now. The smaller one fits in the hatchback.

Here is Mya.

lauren43 06-26-2014 03:23 PM

I'm in the same boat! My puppy was born on the 12th...the days are just dragging by sooooo sssllllooooowwwwlllyy.

I probably won't be taking my girl home until the 9 week mark, it seems so far away!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

lauren43 06-26-2014 03:23 PM

Oh and congrats!

taytay 06-26-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourdough44 (Post 5694753)
Sounds great! Our pup is just approaching 7 months.

You have time, but could lay up a few supplies. A crate is almost essential. We have a few, smaller to start, large now. The smaller one fits in the hatchback.

Here is Mya.

Thanks for picture. It is crazy how fast they grow! I have started a list of supplies I am going to buy and will probably start ordering things here shortly. We get to go over and meet/get matched with the puppies July 19th. I wish the breeder was closer (they're 4 hours away) and we would visit as often as she would allow!

taytay 06-26-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauren43 (Post 5694841)
I'm in the same boat! My puppy was born on the 12th...the days are just dragging by sooooo sssllllooooowwwwlllyy.

I probably won't be taking my girl home until the 9 week mark, it seems so far away!

We are getting ours at 9 weeks as well. My daughters birthday is at the 8 week mark and I felt that would be too much stimulation for a brand new puppy so we are waiting an extra week. The breeder also said it was probably a good idea having a smaller children to let the puppy grow for an extra week.

McWeagle 06-26-2014 04:07 PM

I'm with you guys! I get mine at 8.5 weeks on July 25th - he was born May 26. Finally met the litter last weekend, and we do the match-up on the 12th. I can't wait! And I'm constantly on this site too, just reading and lurking, to try and curb some of eagerness and make the time go faster. :)

lauren43 06-26-2014 04:43 PM

This is the newest pic of my girl. I can't take the cuteness.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps19164592.jpg

McWeagle 06-26-2014 04:50 PM

She's adorable! And she's starting to get doggie looking now, too!