German Shepherds Forum banner

Purebred or not??

3K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  carmspack 
#1 ·
Hello,
My husband and I recently purchased what we were told is a purebred german shepherd puppy. The breeder we purchased her from said he didn't have the papers on her, and really he seemed to be a backyard breeder. We were skeptical both both our sons fell in love with the female puppy we were looking at so we purchased her. I am sure she's purebred (even if she isn't, she's already extremely obedient and easy to train) but my husband has his doubts and is worried we were lied to. She's a gorgeous pup, we just wanted to get some opinions because a family friend is intrested in having her as a potential mate for her GSD. Please take a look and let's know what you think!

Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
what ???

"Since you're keeping the dogs that won't be bred it seems like you're not 'washing out (what a term)'
I understand letting retired dogs to a really good home if and when the chance comes up but not specifically looking to get rid of them"

I don't look to get rid of anything .
I am not putting waste by the curb side .

If a capable home came up - good.

One such dog was a dog that I bought , with titles, mature and with a litter already to her credit , but she was just a mess -- totally unsocial to any dogs, handler sharp, constant nuisance motion ----

she was not bred by me, managed carefully , and had her last days here .

Her behaviourial problems precluded her from work.

what do you mean I am not washing out ---- sure am , all along the way. Not every dog will develop to have the full package for what was the promise -- so instead of forcing the dog to be something that is not 100% right for it , the dog is then placed in the next best category .
You have to see what the dog's aptitudes are best suited for and some things can only be tested sometime down the road. Once you know and have a better assessment then you place where the dog's abilities will be appreciated , and where the dog will be happy and fulfilled.
That may include some form of professional service or that may include the fireside of some loving family home.

Whatever is best for the dog.

Discriminating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.