German Shepherds Forum banner

What do you see???? coloring question..

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  My2shepherds 
#1 ·
I have a question regarding what Eden would be considered for sure ... Black and Tan? Although she does have white/silver coming out on the chest and belly.... she appears to be fading a little more in the face and getting "eyebrows" now. How much more do you think she will fade?:rolleyes:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
She has some tan-ish brown that appears to be bleeding through on her face/head her back is solid black though. That's part of why I am curious as to how she will end up...

#6 ·
Yeah... I was not really thinking sable, my other pup is definately a sable and Eden does not resemble her at all. (Below) I thought black and tan was just black and tan not with silver and white mixed in?

Attachments

#10 ·
Thanks... she is definately different than Athena (4 months old). LOL Eden is like the clown rolling out of the car at the circus where Athena is all about working and protection. :p

Is it typical for silver or white to mix in the tan?

#12 ·
I did not know if it changed the "classification" of their color.. I guess to me if you call something black and tan it should only be black and tan... lol :rolleyes:

#15 ·
black and tan with coat in transition - puppy coat fluff , dying , sleek black adult guard hairs will replace.

I love it when they get that slippery adult coat down their backs, amid all the fuzzy puppy coat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.