German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   General Puppy Stuff (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/)
-   -   I need some advice..... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-puppy-stuff/458426-i-need-some-advice.html)

AshleyW 06-08-2014 07:09 PM

I need some advice.....

Two days ago we brought home our new little bundle of joy. She is sweet and very good with our son and our other dog. She is a great girl but something just isn't quite right. Yesterday we noticed that she had a milky discharge coming from her eyes and her eyes are kind of pink. So naturally I thought maybe she has pink eye. However today while she was napping she sounded almost like she couldn't breathe through her nose. So now I have no clue what to think. My vet cannot see her until Thursday. I just wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice on what I need to do until then. Get her to a different vet asap? Home remedies until she can see hers? Etc. Anything will help. Thanks :)

Thewretched 06-08-2014 07:12 PM

When in doubt, go to a vet ASAP.

Sent from Petguide.com Free Appc

llombardo 06-08-2014 07:17 PM

I would get her into another vet. It might be nothing but it can get worse and sometimes they are so little it can be real bad.

AshleyW 06-08-2014 07:20 PM

That's what I figured. I'll call around first thing in the morning and see if I can get her in somewhere. Thanks a ton :)

Steve Strom 06-08-2014 07:28 PM

Is she acting normal otherwise? Its better to go to the vet, but for a little piece of mind, I don't get too worried unless they are lethargic and not drinking normally. That's when I go the the ER. If she's acting normal, I'd wipe her eye gently with a warm wash cloth and wait till morning. Call your regular vet and lean on them to work you in. They don't stay in business very long turning regular customers away.

onyx'girl 06-08-2014 07:29 PM

sounds like an upper respiratory. Have you been in contact with her breeder? If she has it, her littermates are probably suffering too. Keep her away from your other dog(though the damage has already been done...so s/he may start showing symptoms too)

my boy diesel 06-08-2014 07:33 PM

distemper starts that way or it can
vet visit tomorrow
either call and explain to your regular vet the urgency
or different vet

AshleyW 06-08-2014 07:37 PM

She is eating, drinking, and using the bathroom regularly. I have been wiping her eyes with a warm cloth, because I thought it was pink eye, and it seems to be helping. Another thing that seemed a bit weird to me is the way she walks. She stumbles a lot. I know all puppies stumble and fall but she walks like she's drunk all of the time. She has been wormed and she has had her first shots so it just seemed a bit odd. I'm going to message her breeder her in a few minutes.

onyx'girl 06-08-2014 08:44 PM

She may have ear infections...making her balance unstable. I hope it isn't anything serious!

zyppi 06-08-2014 10:15 PM

call your vet and tell them you have a 'sick' pup.

if they can't see you, find a new vet.

Just my opinion.