what did i get myself into - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 03:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellimaybel View Post
Oh Dear Lord People take things way too literally sometimes. What did you think? That he clotheslined his dog? Maybe a good pile driver? Maybe tangled him up in the ropes and smacked him over the head with a folding chair? People crack me up nowadays, reading something and interpreting it an entirely different way.
Haha, yes! That is why I needed to explain what he meant! I can just picture a grown man or woman tackling his puppy! Haha!

"Are you a dog person or cat person?"

"I am an animal person."

Proud owner of German/Aussie, Lela.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Stay Happy!
LookingForTheLight is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Elite Member
 
Ellimaybel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,595
hahahahahaha Sarah!

Hail Gunther 7-2-2013


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.

"Some people never end up going crazy...what a truly terrible life they must lead." - Unknown
Ellimaybel is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 02:03 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 12
Whew! Glad he didn't say he was rasslin' his pup or he'd get even more heat!
LOL

Bruiser - German Shepherd Dog AKC (Czech Working Lines)
Hank - Golden Retreiver AKC
Sunny - German Shepherd Dog AKC (American Large Breed) - RIP
1937Deere is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Master Member
 
Diesel7602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: utah
Posts: 879
I give me dog the rear naked choke.

He will get big fast. My boy is 50 pounds at 4 months.
Make sure you are getting as strong as he is. I'm not that big but I sure can pin my boy. Or carry him down a rocky mountain when he is tired. the stronger he gets the stronger I get to hold him down

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Diesel7602 is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Member
 
hchorney1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah~ View Post
When my dogs challenge me, I give them the people's elbow!!!
Bwahaha!

Heidi
Max, GSD 2002-2011
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow, GSD Not So Little Black Demon
hchorney1 is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member
 
Ace GSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Roswell GA
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel7602 View Post
I give me dog the rear naked choke.

He will get big fast. My boy is 50 pounds at 4 months.
Make sure you are getting as strong as he is. I'm not that big but I sure can pin my boy. Or carry him down a rocky mountain when he is tired. the stronger he gets the stronger I get to hold him down

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Yup i really need to get stronger hahah . Im a first time GSD owner and my pups strength surprised me. He is 12 weeks old 29.8 lbs atm. 50 lbs at 4 months wow !! How old is he now and how big ?
Ace GSD is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Master Member
 
Diesel7602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: utah
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace GSD View Post
Yup i really need to get stronger hahah . Im a first time GSD owner and my pups strength surprised me. He is 12 weeks old 29.8 lbs atm. 50 lbs at 4 months wow !! How old is he now and how big ?
He will be 4 months and one weeks Sunday. He was gaining 5 pounds a week, now only 2-3. The vet was not to happy about how much he was gaining. She said he should only gain 10 pounds a month. Even after I told her his dad is 130. she wanted me to put him on a staving diet, at which I didn't just no add calories with his food. Kinda suck though cause I just bought him his heart worm med, which he is supposed to take once a month and it's for 24- 50 pound. The vet said snotty " I bet he will be 50 pounds any ways before it's all gone" since its a 6 month supply. She was right, 50 and 4 doses left over, which is kinda a pricey med. Can't wait tell she sees how big he is now since his visit at 12 weeks. Which was 27.5 pounds. And 18 inch.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Last edited by Diesel7602; 09-09-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Diesel7602 is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member
 
Ace GSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Roswell GA
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel7602 View Post
He will be 4 months and one weeks Sunday. He was gaining 5 pounds a week, now only 2-3. The vet was not to happy about how much he was gaining. She said he should only gain 10 pounds a month. Even after I told her his dad is 130. she wanted me to put him on a staving diet, at which I didn't just no add calories with his food. Kinda suck though cause I just bought him his heart worm med, which he is supposed to take once a month and it's for 24- 50 pound. The vet said snotty " I bet he will be 50 pounds any ways before it's all gone" since its a 6 month supply. She was right, 50 and 4 doses left over, which is kinda a pricey med. Can't wait tell she sees how big he is now since his visit at 12 weeks. Which was 27.5 pounds. And 18 inch.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Wow what a big boy !!! Got a new pic of him ?
Ace GSD is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Elite Member
 
eddie1976E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel7602; She was right, 50 and 4 doses left over, which is kinda a pricey med. Can't wait tell she sees how big he is now since his visit at 12 weeks. Which was 27.5 pounds. And 18 inch.

[color=gray
Sent from Petguide.com Free App[/color]
Wait for him to be 75 lbs and you can use 1.5 of the dose, the other half should go in the fridge to keep it fresh. I would eyeball it, at 60lbs, give him 1 1/4, etc.
eddie1976E is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Master Member
 
Diesel7602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: utah
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace GSD View Post
Wow what a big boy !!! Got a new pic of him ?
This is the only new one I have.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Last edited by Diesel7602; 09-09-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Diesel7602 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome