German Shepherds Forum banner

How much to feed 4 month old please?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Shade 
#1 ·
Hi, i've gone through the forums a bit and im sorry if this has been answered.

Would like to know how often and how much to feed a female 4 month old.
Right now we give her 2 boiled eggs with some rice, and a few small pieces of chicken for dinner. For breakfast it is royal canine food, and she has some snacks and treats every now and then.

Is this enough for a shepherd, as she always seems hungry.
Thanks so much appreciate any advice and tips !

#2 ·
Stick with the dog food only. The other things are not nutritionally balanced. Look at the bag, many times they have a chart that tells you how much to feed based on how big the dog will be as an adult. Feed her that much. Watch and see if she is too skinny or gets fat. Decrease/increase based on what you see.

Feeding dogs is very subjective based on the dog/type of food/level of exercise.

#3 ·
Like the poster before. I would stick to dog food. Unless you really know what your are doing going on a Raw diet. This is my first gsd, so I won't even mess with raw. But if you would like, do dry by the serving suggested on the food weight and age but maybe use a bit less maybe 1/4 cup and add egg, chicken or what ever as a topping, and change it up because gsd can get real picky. But try not to add to much calories, because you don't want them to grow to fast. So maybe add toppings to one of his feeding a day. I, personal will add chicken, chicken hearts and gizzerds as a small topping onece a day.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#4 ·
Egg and chicken can be used as a topper but I wouldn't use either as a meal substitute. As they're growing a balanced diet is really important so you are best off switching to a proper BARF or RAW diet or stick with kibble

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.