German Shepherds Forum banner

Taz does not like kiddie pool

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  SARpup 
#1 ·
Today was really warm, Taz has to go outside to get rid of some energy, did not want him to be hot so I went to the shed and pulled out the plastic kiddie pool, thought he could cool off in it, and play, not so much I tried getting in and calling him (hope the neighbors did not see this lol), I tried throwing treats in, his ball in, even tried putting just one of his feet in. He was having no part in this. What else can I do? Also I only added a little water. Any suggestions?

#9 ·
If your dog has any interest in the water coming out of a sprinkler or hose, I'd use that as the lure. All 4 of the dogs I have had over the years loved the sprinklers...had to replace a few...they finally clamp down on them with water shooting out of their mouths.....great entertainment for the dog I guess.

First time last year, my pup wasn't all that keen on getting in the kiddy pool but loses her crap when I turn the sprinkler on or am using the sprayer nozzle. So, I just propped the hose up so it emptied into the pool and she sat in the pool snapping at the stream of water...pool filled up with her in it and now she loves the kiddy pool for cooling off in the summer....especially while it is filling up.

SuperG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.